1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
tell him he's dreaming

no way would I lay out that kind of coin for a tripod, I don"t spend that much on a car.
I have a vickers but no tripod but I would spend the money on ammo before a tripod

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Just saw one sold for 2k and one for 2,400.00 for what it's worth they are not out there like they used to be with all the semi's the market of supply and demand has taken over.

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
...holy moly...!!!

Glad i got that Vickers dummy and tripod when I did. If Vickers kits go for $1,800-$2,100.00 and tripods go for $1,600-$2K...it might take $4K + HIS anymore to get there. And a FA WW1 Vickers is on GB for $13K start bid w/tripod,belts and an extra bbl. That FA Vickers is looking better every day...LOL.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Just saw one sold for 2k and one for 2,400.00 for what it's worth they are not out there like they used to be with all the semi's the market of supply and demand has taken over.
+1 on what toolmanm203 is saying. A year ago a few around in the $1,200 - $1,400 range. Have not seen any in a while since semi's are being built. The one GB was started at $1,600, wondering what it will eventually sell for. Do not think it is over priced.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I think I paid 1000 or so for mine and I was happy to do so, it took a few years a lots of misses , a vickers with no vickers tri pod is a sad vickers indeed , I'd buy that in a heart beat give or take few hundred and your hunt is over

·
Registered
145 Posts
tell him he's dreaming

no way would I lay out that kind of coin for a tripod, I don"t spend that much on a car.
I have a vickers but no tripod but I would spend the money on ammo before a tripod

The seller is dreaming about 1,925 dollar bills tonight.

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reflecting on this, when I brought my first Vickers kit and tripod I paid about the same price ($400) for each. A kit and tripod are still about the same price; just 5 times more expensive. Now that's inflation. My guess is that the built gun and tripod would still only bring about $5000 together.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Reflecting on this, when I brought my first Vickers kit and tripod I paid about the same price ($400) for each. A kit and tripod are still about the same price; just 5 times more expensive. Now that's inflation. My guess is that the built gun and tripod would still only bring about $5000 together.
Rock Island Auction Feb. 2015 auction lot #3998 semi-auto Vickers w/tripod and accessories sold for $7475.00

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I would think $6K - $7.5K depending on condition.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Not inflation at all. Free market supply and demand is what it is. I remember when Sarco was selling the Turk tripods "with issues" for 150.00 or less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts