1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 1919 to the range and shot it in four different calibers. I started with my22 conversion, it ran a little slow. It was cold that day, it runs much better in the warmer weather. Then I switched to .308. It always runs good with this setup. Rarely a problem. Then I switched to 30.06. This was the first time I tried it in 30.06 and it didn't run very good at all. They were my reloads. I think I had the headspace too tight + timing was a little late , and the booster was a little dirty. I need to work on this to get it to run as good as the rest. I finished off with a 200rd belt of 54r. Troy did the conversion and did a great job. After a little tweaking it runs flawlessly. Without a doubt my favorite caliber to shoot. I just love the fireballs. Hope the link works https://youtu.be/9eqVMjyZZAI

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Now you need to get an 8mm setup and shoot five different calibers.

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Great Video thanks for sharing :thumbup: A little ironic that the gun ran best in every other caliber other than what is designed for though :tongue: but it seemed to eat it all pretty well.
Thanks for sharing that we need more of this stuff here. Russ

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Awesome! I have always been curious what the 22LR configuration would sound like.

Your M2 tripod shooting bench "adapter" from 2x6 boards is brilliant!

Thanks for posting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts