1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
LOOKING FOR 1000rds OF 762X51 A,P. .. NO RELOADS,, AND AT A REASONABLE PRICE,, THANKS
I do not think you will find any. I seem to recall that they fall under one of the armor piercing ammo laws and are as such illegal to sell.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on this so I am sure someone will come by.

Also, I am not sure 7.62 nato was made available to the general public in AP, I know 30-06 was.

Richard

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I do not think you will find any. I seem to recall that they fall under one of the armor piercing ammo laws and are as such illegal to sell.

My memory is a bit fuzzy on this so I am sure someone will come by.

Also, I am not sure 7.62 nato was made available to the general public in AP, I know 30-06 was.

Richard
Must be legal now, CMP has been selling it for years.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
7.62 nato AP? Care to shoot a link to the ammo...

I have never seen CMP sell 7.62 AP. they were selling 30-06 AP for a time but I was under the impression that it has been gone for years.
Sorry, I meant AP in 30.06 from the CMP. They were selling it up till 2 years ago and you never know what they may have in the pipeline.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A,P.

I know 30/06 is out there ,, gunshowgoods had 762x51 s,l,a,p, rounds and some 762x51 m198 duplex a,p. Not sure how long ago that was ,, the price is out there, thanks guys hope i didn't arouse any suspension ,, thanks

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
?????

SO IS THERE ANY OUT THERE ?? AND IF IT IS PULLED 30/06 AND LOADED IN 308 IS IT AS EFFECTIVE ? THE BULLET WEIGHT OF THE 06 A,P IS ABOUT 163gr AS THE 762X51 IS ABOUT 151gr IF RELOADED WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST POWDER TO USE TO MATCH THE F.P.S.??? THANK BOB

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
SO IS THERE ANY OUT THERE ?? AND IF IT IS PULLED 30/06 AND LOADED IN 308 IS IT AS EFFECTIVE ? THE BULLET WEIGHT OF THE 06 A,P IS ABOUT 163gr AS THE 762X51 IS ABOUT 151gr IF RELOADED WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST POWDER TO USE TO MATCH THE F.P.S.??? THANK BOB
When they came out with AR pistols in 308 caliber that is when the problem began as I understand it.
No armor piercing ammo allowed in a pistol cartridge, period. Remember the Black Talon rounds? "Cop killing bullets" are not politically correct these days.
CaptMax

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A,P.

Yes i remember the attempt to re-classify A,P. ammo ,, When the tried to use the AR pistol as leverage towards ammo ,, green tip,, A,p. , 7n ,,ect

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remember reading back in the 80's that no AP 7.62 x 51 was ever released for civilian sale and the ATF considered any found to be considered stolen.

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
When they came out with AR pistols in 308 caliber that is when the problem began as I understand it.
No armor piercing ammo allowed in a pistol cartridge, period. Remember the Black Talon rounds? "Cop killing bullets" are not politically correct these days.
CaptMax
Actually you are on the right path but it was not the AR's behind the ban but it was the fact that the Thompson contenders introduced a pistol in 7.62x51 which made it illegal. You can not have any caliber AP round that is also a pistol cartridge that being said you will be hard pressed to find it and even if you do is it worth it? Think wisely grasshopper :nono:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I see .30 AP bullets advertised from time to time so I guess you COULD reload some if you were so inclined but be watchful of the alphabet boys. Toolmanm203 nailed it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I believe the Remington XP-100 and the Desert Eagle "Lone Eagle" pistols could both be bought in that caliber, therefore making it a pistol round and making the AP illegal to sell to the general public in "loaded ammo" form.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A,P.

FOUND 300 RDS, STILL LOOKING FOR 700 RDS OF FACTORY 762X51 A,P. NO RELOADS WITH 30/06 BULLETS,, 06 BULLETS ARE 163gr 308,, 762X51 ARE 150 OR 151gr ,, LOOKING FOR ORIGINAL 762X51A,P.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not that I know, but I have heard that the m2ap loaded in 7.62x51 still penetrates very well and does a subperb job loaded in a 300 win mag. You can do a word search and you will probably find the same reports I have read.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts