1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK ,, IM ALSO LOOKING FOR 1000rds OF NEW PRODUCTION 762X51 BLANKS,, AT A FAIR PRICE,, HAD A S#%T LOAD AND COME TO FIND OUT SOME DIDN'T HAVE POWDER IN IT,, TOOK A WHILE TO REALIZE IT,, THOUGHT THE GUN WAS ACTING FINICKY WITH BLANKS,, THANKS,,

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Will depend on the gun you are trying them in, but we found the FN crimped neck blanks sold a few years ago to be very underpowered, and require a redesign of the BFA system. We tossed about 20k of them in the scrap. the USGI bottle nosed blanks seem to be the most reliable in the M60s and M240s we use for training. down side is I have pretty much shot or sold all I had on hand.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
!!!

Those are the ones im having trouble with ,, the bottle necks,, must have been a bad run of them,, took a while to figure it out ,, we would have a round in the chamber that just fired the primer only ,, didn't realize right off that the casing was cold ,, once we realized that it could the blanks we were using we striped a bunch from there links and found that one out of about 50 didn't have powder in it,, we all had a sigh of relief to know it wasn't the weapon,,

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
May be able to help, found a 50 caliber can full over the weekend, will have to get a count of them.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
QUOTE=anna;385251]OK ,, IM ALSO LOOKING FOR 1000rds OF NEW PRODUCTION 762X51 BLANKS,, AT A FAIR PRICE,, HAD A S#%T LOAD AND COME TO FIND OUT SOME DIDN'T HAVE POWDER IN IT,, TOOK A WHILE TO REALIZE IT,, THOUGHT THE GUN WAS ACTING FINICKY WITH BLANKS,, THANKS,,[/QUOTE]
:thumb: I just bought a case 720rds hirtenberger 7.62 blanks , $100 came in the wooden crate (always a +). clearview investments
Greg

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
???

Gbyenko ill check them out ,, not a bad price ,, what was the shipping??

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Clearview Investments

Here is the link to Clearview's page with blanks, prices are plus shipping. The Hirtenberger blanks are brass cased and made in Austria. From my experience they are not as hot as the plastic case surplus German blanks. Check out their clearance pages, lots of interesting stuff.

http://www.clearviewinvest.com/blankammo.aspx

·
Registered
313 Posts
Cheaper than dirt has them for sale. I thought they were pricey. They claim they are Greek surplus. They told me the chineses 308 they sold me was Greek so beware of them! They will no accept returns on ammo.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
!!!

THERE IT IS GUYS THE BEST I FOUND SO FAR IS WHERE (GBYENKO) SAID TO LOOK, CLEARVIEW----INVESTMENTS ,, $100.00 FOR 720 rds AND IT COMES IN A WOOD AMMO CRATE ,, SHIPPING IS $20.00 TOTAL 120.00 FOR A LOT OF FUN AND MOST DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE WHEN FIRED ,, AND A HECK OF A LOT CHEAPER THEN BALL AMMO, THANKS,,

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
???

Why yes there is a blank firing booster for the 1919, i have some as well as some others on hear,, there not to expensive ..

·
Registered
680 Posts
The plastic blanks are $120 for 3000 rounds on gunbroker. If you want to see a video of my friends 1919 shooting them send me a pm with an email address and i will send it to you.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
???

Anyone hear cycle this type of blank threw a mg-42 ??? Dose it function well??? F,a.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts