1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and me were talking and he told me he got a m4 transferred as a semi auto. When he received it he noticed that the side of lower was engraved for full auto. The safety also switches to full auto. After function testing seems to function as it should. He was asking me what to do. I told him break it down and pull the sear. Just wanted to see thoughts of you guys. Wish someone would transfer me a semi
”AUTO”. Lol.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yikes. Being in possession of a non registered full auto is a BIG no no. Tell him to call a lawyer that deals with gun law and see what he suggests, I don’t want to give any advice on this one… The seller and the business or individual that did the transfer will also eventually need to be involved.

Only thing I will suggest is DO NOT get the ATF involved until he speaks with a lawyer that deals with gun law.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i Told him to smash it or shoot it up. I also told him to tread lightly until I have some feed back. Amazing how thing get over looked. Not to long ago someone bought surplus rifle shipping crates at an auction. One of them still had the military rifles with soldiers names and ID numbers inside. No one new till purchaser called ATF.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
This story is lacking too much credibility. No mention of the auto sear or manufacturer. There are many semi lowers out there marked full auto that people put full auto selectors in. That does not mean they have an illegal full auto.
I took the statement of “After function testing seems to function as it should.” as he switched it to FA and it went pew pew pew rapidly.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
A buddy and me were talking and he told me he got a m4 transferred as a semi auto. When he received it he noticed that the side of lower was engraved for full auto. The safety also switches to full auto. After function testing seems to function as it should. He was asking me what to do. I told him break it down and pull the sear. Just wanted to see thoughts of you guys. Wish someone would transfer me a semi
”AUTO”. Lol.
When switched to FA did it fire FA? Or is it just a semi receiver with FA markings?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I took the statement of “After function testing seems to function as it should.” as he switched it to FA and it went pew pew pew rapidly.
Has not put any ammo in it yet. He did the function test as we were taught in military to check weapons functioning before live fire. Functions as it should in auto mode. I will have to ask him more questions about it as it seemed fishy to me as well. I wouldn’t put it past him to have modified it himself.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Well there you have it you're smoking gun!

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't do it himself! So we all know what's involved and how to do it but everyone on this site are law abiding people and I'd venture to guess that go by the rule of law!
Maybe im wrong on the did it himself part!
And usually neighors living next to the gun club/ range call when they hear full auto gun fire happens often at the club i belong to!

·
Premium Member
8,672 Posts
I was told it came that way. Find it hard to believe anyone would miss extra hole and function of assembly.
It's amazing how many guys in the hobby really do not know the details. I have seen it many times over the years where a guy will tell me what he just got and after I ask him a few questions he realizes what it actually is.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
Lots of lowers are marked like that.

If no 3rd hole...no issue.

It may have some Binary type trigger installed.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
there are quite a few manufacturers that make AR15 lowers that mimic in appearances to M16 lowers like the one PSA is selling. that are strictly semi-auto. there is no auto sear hole of auto sear

if he bought it for less than 200 bucks then that is what he bought. a real M16 lower goes for 10s of thousands of dollars

1 - 20 of 24 Posts