1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Lots of lowers are marked like that.

If no 3rd hole...no issue.

It may have some Binary type trigger installed.
OP says it function checks as a FA. Bianary's release on letting the trigger forward and will not fall again unless trigger is pulled.
Fuji, I dont want to question your functions test ability, but with the weapon charged....
1)Weapon on FA
2) Pull and HOLD trigger
3) cycle weapon several times, trigger should NOT reset.
4) Attempt to place on safe. (Weapon will NOT go on safe with hammer forward as on a FA)
5) Release trigger, charge again, place on safe.
6) Place on semi, Pull trigger AND HOLD
7) Trigger should reset with an audible click
8) pull trigger, hammer should drop.

And...if that 3rd hole is drilled (the small one above the and behind the safety) run for the hills. Take a look into the receiver. Is the auto sear pocket anodized like a factory receiver or has it been cut with a dremel?

Full Auto receivers dont just circulate freely. This is either 1) misdiagnosed 2) home made or 3) stolen property.

·
Registered
794 Posts
OP says it function checks as a FA. Bianary's release on letting the trigger forward and will not fall again unless trigger is pulled.
Fuji, I dont want to question your functions test ability, but with the weapon charged....
1)Weapon on FA
2) Pull and HOLD trigger
3) cycle weapon several times, trigger should NOT reset.
4) Attempt to place on safe. (Weapon will NOT go on safe with hammer forward as on a FA)
5) Release trigger, charge again, place on safe.
6) Place on semi, Pull trigger AND HOLD
7) Trigger should reset with an audible click
8) pull trigger, hammer should drop.

And...if that 3rd hole is drilled (the small one above the and behind the safety) run for the hills. Take a look into the receiver. Is the auto sear pocket anodized like a factory receiver or has it been cut with a dremel?

Full Auto receivers dont just circulate freely. This is either 1) misdiagnosed 2) home made or 3) stolen property.

But he doesn’t say that. He said it functioned “as it should.” Why does that mean?

Again, we are dealing with an idiot here. Nothing posted so far is of ant value in determining what this gun is or isn’t. I don’t expect that the owner of the gun will be able to do a proper function test or provide any further details of any real use.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
But he doesn’t say that. He said it functioned “as it should.” Why does that mean?

Again, we are dealing with an idiot here. Nothing posted so far is of ant value in determining what this gun is or isn’t. I don’t expect that the owner of the gun will be able to do a proper function test or provide any further details of any real use.
I can't believe this thread is still going. No one is this stupid. This whole story is made up. We're not talking about an old obscure MG that someone doesn't "know" what they have. No slightly knowledgeable adult has to function check an M16 to tell if it's a machine gun or not, and no adult is going to ask a public form "what to do with it". This is the most common, well known firearm in the USA. "M16/M4" receivers aren't just floating around. There is no FFL that is going to log an M16 into their A&D book for a transfer and not notice the auto sear sticking out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I finally put my hands on the thing. No third hole only engraved on side. Switch does go to auto selection but with no effect to semi auto function. Seems when it was built was put on there like the fun switch on M1a. All just for show with no actual functionality. I told him he needs to learn more about his platforms. I also told him maybe to shoot the thing first and see what happens. He should have know by taking the thing apart and looking at the internals.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I didn't read all the posts, but if the gun was assembled with all M16 lower parts, even without a third hole the selector would move to Auto position - just not do anything w/o a sear, auto sear, link, etc.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts