1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not know who this auction belongs to. Nor do I know if that person is a member here.

Technically, the parts listed in this auction are for an MG34 running .308. But, any bidder needs to be aware that the Norwegian feed tray is not a drop-in part. Look closely at the leading edge of that feed tray. Do you see that it is bulged? That indicates this feed tray was first converted to feed 30.06 ammo, which is exactly what the Norwegians did. It was then converted to feed .308 at a later date. For this feed tray to drop-in fit, one would need to first machine a groove into the MG34 receiver to accommodate the bulge. I wouldn't want to do that on a transferrable or pre-sample MG34 receiver. But, that's just me. Others may have no problem machining their receivers.

Here is the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=540101750

Here is the tray:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Over priced two fold anyway, the feed tray just has a larger front pawl which can be gotten at BRP.
Booster is easy
Feed tray is easy as well with a simple spacer

But you are correct they wont work, and the left side of the receiver needs to be adjusted for that to fit.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just purchased a Norwegian converted feedtray, it drops and fits perfectly.
Please post some pictures. Is your weapon full auto or semi auto?

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Not sure if you need a post count of 20 for pictures or not but if you need help send them to me and I can post them for you.
toolman11 (at) rochester (dot) rr (dot) com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts