1919 A4 Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
REQUEST: To My66Coupe

Hello My66Coupe --

I don't see in your personal space on this site there's any way to contact you off-line, hence this addition to the thread -- I can delete it later. Hope everything's well with you and yours!

Don't know whether you've noticed or not, but your "WARNING-TO-ALL" was finally made into a permanent post under "building" on the 1919a4.com website -- actually the first thread on the website.

Problem is, there's been a change in 'ownership,' of the site I'd guess you'd say. With all the changes there's been a problem with pictures being lost and yours were amongst them. I don't know how you'd go about it exactly, but if there's any way you might get them reestablished here in this thread it'd be a great service to the beltfed community. I know it was a hard lesson, but glad you're doing well in regard to this injury. An updated photo at the bottom of the thread for all to see would be great too! :thumbup:

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
GWR1

Thanks for expanding the exposure of this thread. I genuinely hope it saves people from the misery I went through!

Photobucket has changed their policy regarding 3rd party hosting. I don't think I have enough posts to upload directly to the site? I can try another hosting entity.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
you are only 3 away. why don't you just reply to something a few times. it would be nice to have these pics part of this site so all new guys can be warned. Don't want to see this happen again.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Shoot, I thought that would do it for you. If you want, I'll volunteer to get the pics to a moderator so that they can become permanent on your thread. Send them to my email karltownsend<AT>embarqmail<DOT>com

Or we can ping the site owner next week to get you set up to do it yourself.

Lets not let this drop. Do not want to see another fella endure what you did.

karl

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Shoot, I thought that would do it for you. If you want, I'll volunteer to get the pics to a moderator so that they can become permanent on your thread. Send them to my email karltownsend<AT>embarqmail<DOT>com

Or we can ping the site owner next week to get you set up to do it yourself.

Lets not let this drop. Do not want to see another fella endure what you did.

karl
I agree, this should be a sticky for all to see.
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
This thread is what first brought me to this forum when I first showed interest in the Browning belt-feds among the local MG guys here in AZ.

Someone advised me to "Google "1919 drive rod warning" and READ THAT THREAD!" I've been exceedingly cautious of the rod/spring ever since.

Thank you to @My66coupe for posting it, very sorry you had to have that happen to you, and to @GWR1 for getting it made into a sticky. It's the most important warning to all Browning belt-fed owners, followed closely by "check your headspace!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best Wishes

Best wishes on your recovery, and glad that you got back on the horse. Years ago I had a run in with an auto shotgun spring. I was sure I had it fully locked in place, and had to look inside to see. Well it wasn't and I caught it full in the eye. Nowhere near your situation, but a lesson learned till this day. I can't even look into a vacuum hose or paper towel tube!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts