1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am in Washington State and do a lot of hiking on the weekends, I need some information. I have my 03 C&R License with me, so are there any problems in WA State about dealers accepting this license? I want at least a 9mm to carry with me when I go hiking the the Wenatchee National Forest.

I don't want to break any rules!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I don't know about Wenatchee but I live right next to Stanislaus National Forest and carrying and shooting is legal here. I did find this link on firearm use and in it states "Check with the local Sheriff or Ranger Station for current laws that affect firearms possession and use on the National Forest." So call your local ranger station and ask.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey Ab..

I'm in Ohio, not Wash., but there's a few things I'd like to comment on..

1) Your C&R FFL Will help you get an older collectable 9mm from a dealer. Not a new one..

2) Your C&R FFL does NOT allow you to carry a concealed weapon... Anywhere...

3) Isn't there a National Forest law that forbids ANYONE (except LEO) from carring in the National Forest's ? (Kinda like not being allowed to carry on Gov't property.)

Might check with PACKING.ORG. Use "Jump to state" and check out your states laws..

Hope this helps..

Tim

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Washinton State

Tim,

Yea, I was aware about the rules for buying with C&R, but I was not sure how the dealers here would be about selling to an out-of-stater even with proper documentation. I had not planned to carry concealed and fortunantly, I will not be in a National Forest that does NOT allow any firearms on the property.

Thanks for the "Packing.org" website, I will check this out.

"tuolumnejim", I wil stop at the Forest Ranger office and ask them about the rules for carry. I should have thought of this myself!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ab..

Glad it helped..

"Packing.org" is a great place for the CCW holder..

Tim

·
Registered
662 Posts
Abwher, did some back packing in the Hoh Rain Forest many years ago, neat Mt Rainer. Beautiful area - really the whole state is amazing. Wouldn't mind moving there.

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you are a resident of a contiguous state, you can buy a rifle or shotgun (not sure about a pistol) in Washington.

This may help:

The provisions of RCW 9.41.050 shall not apply to:

(8) Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area;

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Upandatum said:
Hey Ab..

3) Isn't there a National Forest law that forbids ANYONE (except LEO) from carring in the National Forest's ? (Kinda like not being allowed to carry on Gov't property.)

Tim
I don't know about all National Forest's but in Arizona it is ok to carry and shoot on National Forest land.

You cannot carry in National Parks.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found out a little more details, but I am still going to call the Forest Service to confirm. It is legal, as "SgtRock" stated "Any person engaging in a lawful outdoor recreational activity such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, or horseback riding, only if, considering all of the attendant circumstances, including but not limited to whether the person has a valid hunting or fishing license, it is reasonable to conclude that the person is participating in lawful outdoor activities or is traveling to or from a legitimate outdoor recreation area". I will be doing this!

So, the next thing is to find a nice C&R pistol to carry and all will be well!

I do appreciate all the help you guys have provided. Being from SC, I am a loooong way from home and I know the laws vary differently on this side of the country!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hager..

My Error.. National Parks, not National Forest..

Thanks..

Tim

·
Registered
364 Posts
This thread just became very relevant - we had a mother and daughter out on a hike gunned down at a trailhead outside Granite Falls, Wa.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SgtRock,

You are 100% correct!! I was wanting to get a handgun before I heard about this unfortunante incident, but when I heard about it on TV, I said I had to get my handgun fast. I think I have everything worked out for getting one and all will be legal. This was the most difficult part getting one here, but I can use my C&R, and I will get a good used pistol.

Look out gun shop tomorrow, I am ready to buy, LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts