1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon all, do you still have to weld the bottom plate to the RSP when building a 1919 semi? I've read some threads recently that reference builds with comments like "yeah but its an older build with welds". Are welds still needed to limit the ability of converting the gun to full auto?

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Thank you baby Jesus!!! Anyone have a link or file of said regulation I can download?
Send me your email address I have a copy of a letter regarding this - Orin sent in a request a few years ago and got a reply...anyone know how to upload a pdf from puter to the forum site? All I see is pics and clips....

Hey! I think I solved it by changing it back to a picture. :) Hope these work.

NoWeld1.jpg NoWeld2.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Send me your email address I have a copy of a letter regarding this - Orin sent in a request a few years ago and got a reply...anyone know how to upload a pdf from puter to the forum site? All I see is pics and clips....

Hey! I think I solved it by changing it back to a picture. :) Hope these work.

View attachment 13851 View attachment 13852
Thanks bud, pm with email sent.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Unfortunately the tutorial on this site is way out of date and still shows the welds and even has a page explaining why they are required. It also shows the spacers in the lock frame for the old style semi-auto trigger from KMP. The article does not have to be modified if that creates a lot of work . But maybe there could be a page at the beginning of the article that explains that the welds are no longer necessary and maybe even a copy of the BATF letter. Also maybe an explanation that the current KMP trigger does not require the spacers. Just to avoid confusion for the new guys.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Great ideas, Armorer. You might want to post your suggestions at http://1919a4.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Site-Feedback to see if we can get an update. I'd do it but don't seem to have any success. Lobo used to spend lots of time helping the board out with this kind of stuff, and since this is another one of those questions (welding necessary?) we get frequently it should be easily available to all with an easy search. We all really miss Lobo's frequent and good help here -- hope he's doing OK. Sometimes I get quite frustrated doing an "advanced search" cause I know something's on the board and get only "no results found" -- even when I know it's here cause I posted it myself, or commented in the thread.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I did put a comment on the tutorial for building. I was surprised it was the only comment. Seems like other would have commented at least to say thanks for the work that was put into producing that tutorial.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
OK, tell us again where to find tutorials! I (advance searched) "tutorial" and got 529 hits, most of which (including this one) seem to be asking where to find a tutorial, or some such.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
OK, tell us again where to find tutorials! I (advance searched) "tutorial" and got 529 hits, most of which seem to asking where to find a tutorial, or some such. Simple as I am, it's not intuitive.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Just go to the first page of the 1919A4. com and select "ARTICLES" on the left side under "Sections" I believe you will find it.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Wellllll, this is there under "tutorials" where you mentioned to look on the home page -- "Build The 1919a4 Semi-Automatic Weapon: A Picture-based Tutorial" (where, about half-way down, along with a picture of a rivet set, it mentions "Note: Refer to 'a riveting guide' referenced to on the home page of 1919a4.com prior to riveting. Familiarity with this will simplify the process."

No 'riveting guide' or other tutorials there. There is some riveting help as one moves down in the tutorial, but there might oughta be a separate guide which goes over it all, pros and cons of tools, presses, cold forming, availability of tools, rivet sets, forming domes, invisible setting of rivets, and ....

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I couldn't find a riveting guide any place either. I think that was something left out when the site was redone a few years ago. I made printed copies of the old tutorial and there is a section called "riveting guide". The tutorial was different then, not necessarily better but different. The section of riveting was five pages long. Unfortunately I did not download the article to my computer and if I did it would not matter as I no longer have that hard drive. However the current tutorial does have at least 16 picture dedicated to riveting. I am sure members here could contribute more information learned from years of experience.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I couldn't find a riveting guide any place either. I think that was something left out when the site was redone a few years ago. I made printed copies of the old tutorial and there is a section called "riveting guide". The tutorial was different then, not necessarily better but different. The section of riveting was five pages long. Unfortunately I did not download the article to my computer and if I did it would not matter as I no longer have that hard drive. However the current tutorial does have at least 16 picture dedicated to riveting. I am sure members here could contribute more information learned from years of experience.
I would love it if someone would make a new tutorial with full pictures. A few people in the past had offered to write articles and tutorials so I gave them permissions to do so. Unfortunately, no one followed through.

Richard

1 - 15 of 15 Posts