1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, That's right. For my first build I have decided to go big. So here is where I am at:

I picked up Toolman's jig at the creek. I also have a KMP right side plate, trigger bar and sear coming. So the big question is where can I find the rest of the parts with out going broke?

I also have these extra M3 parts. What are these worth? As I will probably sell these to fund more M2 parts.

I also have some "what in the heck are these parts". They came in a box of parts that was supposed to be M2 and 1919 parts, but I have no idea what they are.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
...keep 'em...

Keep the spade grip handles...you may need them later. Original wood grips cost a bit. The 2 1/2" steel piece is a right side plate depressor for the M3 .50 BMG. It replaced the 2-extensions on the M2HB buffer body. Long flat spring next to the feed bracket is a WW2 buffer body spring. It is only used on the earlier buffers. Save the cocking lever and coil spring in your 2nd pic. also. The 2-rivets are for the front of the trunion. Might get the LSP from KMP too. Trunions are seen rarely for sale individually....but appear on gunbroker.com occasionally. Bolts,buffers,barrel extensions are seen on GB also. I have several extra pieces...email [email protected]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Looks like a good start Steve! I started collecting to do a dummy, but ended getting a few nicer parts also. A little at a time and I'll have a dummy then eventually a semi. Better yet, someday i'll have it on my halftrack!

Brad - Big44maghunter

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a good start Steve! I started collecting to do a dummy, but ended getting a few nicer parts also. A little at a time and I'll have a dummy then eventually a semi. Better yet, someday i'll have it on my halftrack!

Brad - Big44maghunter

Brad I already have a dummy gas gun up on the pedestal mount. I want to build a semi to replace it up there.

Both sides are semi 1919's I bought or traded for. There is also a dummy 1919 on the rear mount.

Steve

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have two semi 1919's for the sides of mine and am working on a 1917a1 for the rear. I have 2 1917a1 cradles, so need one more of those and I'll need to get a long pintle for my ring. I would like to do my 50 as gas also. One of these days! I have years of work on my track though first!

Your track looks awesome, I'm sure I'll be hitting you up the more I get going on mine.

Brad - Big44maghunter

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking water cooled for the back of mine as well. I've been drooling over the pics of Lucky's blued ones.

Steve

·
Registered
534 Posts
Brad I already have a dummy gas gun up on the pedestal mount. I want to build a semi to replace it up there.

Both sides are semi 1919's I bought or traded for. There is also a dummy 1919 on the rear mount.

Steve
That is one SWEET looking ride you have there!! :thumbup:

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I was thinking water cooled for the back of mine as well. I've been drooling over the pics of Lucky's blued ones.

Steve
Well, I would be happy to build one for you if you ever decide you need one, 1917 or 1917A1 style. :D It was good to meet you at KCR, and if I think I can help you out with any M2 parts for your project I will let you know. Have some extra small parts here and there.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ABCB.

Lucky, Good to meet you as well as the others and start to put some more faces to names. If I can come up with the extra $$$ I will be in touch on the water cooled.

Steve

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is one SWEET looking ride you have there!! :thumbup:
Good luck on the build! That is my next project. I currently have an M1917A1 and an M1919A4. I am currently having a Colt 1928 built to sell in order to fund my M2HB. I have had John McGuire do all of my work. I have built and customized close to 100 AR's but this is a whole other ball game. Maybe when I retire I will buy the equipment and learn to do one myself. At this point I have to rely on others.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
In your what the heck pile looks like 2 top plate front rivets for 1919s and 2 belt holding pawl springs

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got some more parts in. RSP, trigger bar and sear from Karma and found a firing pin.

Now all I need is more $$$$ to buy more parts!:jedicrying:

Steve

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
With that RSP purchase, you got a lot of work to do.

I'd start by fitting your charge handle, need to file those square holes to hold the "L" bolts, tap the bolt holes for the charge handle. Then fit your RSP up to all the kit parts so you can match drill all the holes. proceed carefully here, you want the box to be nice 'n' square.

Karl

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Karl, Too many large parts still missing to worry about assembly at this point yet, and funding issues have pretty much stopped large purchases.:jedicrying:

I did get this off ebay for $23.50 including shipping. I thought that was a good deal so I didn't pass it up.

And a VERY good friend gave these parts to me this weekend. They were extra-extra parts for his FA.:D

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts