1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... but I think the business manager needs several of these 10/22 mags from Tactical Solutions. (I convinced her she "needed" a 10/22 recently.) I'm going to try to call or e-mail the owner/manufacturer tomorrow to see what the deal might be -- maybe even buy them up front so there's none of this "group buy" wait. I talked to his secretary today, and they seem to be up to $58 (singly) shipped, but I'm pretty sure the guy I taked to a few months ago at he Chantilly, Virginia show was the maker, and they were $45 then. I'm not saying they'd still be $45, but who's truely interested in buying one/some NOW, TRUELY INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE/SOME?

CARRY on!
Gary

·
Registered
169 Posts
what do they look like?

got a website for these? I've never heard of them but I might need a couple. Those plastic banana mags are junk.
mcj600

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think Gary is talking about those aluminum ones with the replaceable feed lips.
The reports I read about them were all good.

Gary,
I'm interested.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Those would be cool on the twin crank kits I've seen.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Communication with the owner/builder says "NO DEALS." He doesn't want customers in volume. ONLY FULL PRICE, SHIPPPED ($67.50?) Well, he can go to hell -- I ain't buyin'!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update

They've come out with "Newer, Better" plastic ones which I now have. Bought them several months ago when the Akins Accellerator spring was still legal (can you believe the BATFE has now declared not only a shoestring, but a simple spring to be a "machine gun"? Next it'll be my finger and guess which one of those I'd like to send!) These mags truely are "better", and there was a "three-fer" deal on them -- I think three for $75, and worth it. Yes, and I've seen them in use on the twin crank guns too, and they performed perfectly. There are no better 10/22 mags out there, IMHO.

Carry On!
Gary

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I could never get the plastic ones to work . I biought some at Knob Creek a few years ago and they work well.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,163 Posts
I have a bunch of the old Butler Creek ones, and they always worked flawlessly for me. I don't shoot a zillion rounds when I take the 10/22 out, so maybe I just haven't worn them out yet. ;)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Luke: "I could never get the plastic ones to work . I biought some at Knob Creek a few years ago and they work well."

When I spoke of "plastic" magazines I may have meant "polymer" (TI.) They are tough as nails and work flawlessly. I'm confused, though -- do you mean you had some (real) "plastic" ones, like Butler Creek or Ram-line that didn't work and then got some TI ones that worked?

I had some old "guaranteed for life" high capacity Ram Lines that wore out and sent them back for warranty -- they replaced them with some new ones, "standard" capacity, that no longer had any "guarantee for life." Something about "possible future legislation," or something. I said f-you to that and decided to never to deal with them again. Plastic lips on a magazine are like lips on a chicken -- WORTHLESS! -- steel lips on a magazine, Priceless! (To coin a phrase. :cool:)

Carry On!
Gary

·
Malim Praedari
371 Posts
When I used to bulld the old Calico Two Twenty Two twins in the pre-ban days, I used a lot of the Ramline 50 and 30 rounders. The older ones worked quite well; and I still use a few today. The newer post ban ones don't seem as well made...............

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I have one aluminum TI and 3 plastic(more of a tough polymer type body)TI's and they all work well(I think not one malfunction). I had the RAM and Butler Creek ones which would not work in my 10/22. The TI's do work!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 18 of 18 Posts