1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
If that was to be made today, it would be a 120 slide powerpoint presentation with cartoon animation and lots of pie charts. They just dont make instructional videos like this anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Gret video Mike I have not seen that one in a long time. He did a lecture up at West Point years ago

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’d like a clear copy of this. The link from Richard has his website and contact info. I might contact him. I saw this video 15 years ago and thought “Man that guy sharp.” I like the two sly buggers behind the wall. SMOKED!

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
One of my favorite pieces is a cutaway 1917 trainer made by the head armorer of West Point academy in WWI. A water cooled gun is soooo iconic it just makes one smile.

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Art Alphin and I had overlapping tours as instructors at West Point in the 1980s. He taught in the Department of History. I taught in Department of Geography and Computer Science. He is definitely a unique and knowledgeable guy.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
...impressive...!! Having fired BAR's,1917/1919/M2HB and M16's...I'd choose the BAR over everything else to carry in an open 1K+yd field of battle. For city or towns...the M16. To defend a fixed position...the 1919A4 or the 1917...and of course the M2HB .50 BMG as the best all-around defensive champion in that enviroment
Somewhere in there,I'd also favor the Vickers for a fixed position. All depends on where,how much ammo and amount of men available for different situations and fields of battle.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I like his bravado and chew, he knows how to hold your ear. The one no no I immediately caught was him driving the bolt home. Only under emergency practice.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Cleaner copy posted by Alpin on Vimeo. The audio is better.

At the end of the day, all of this stuff is transferred from VHS so the quality the best.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts