1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this might be of interest to some of you. I Ordered a AN/PVS 4 Night Vision Weapon Site from What a Country. A couple of hours later I got a call from the owner asking if I needed any accessories for it. What accessories? Site says nothing about accessories, just an excellent price on the PVS 4. During the conversation my terminal cancer came up. When the owner found out I was a Vietnam Vet with terminal cancer he sent me a AA battery adapter, scope mount adapter that fits on Derricks mount for FREE. He also didn't charge any shipping on the unit. I don't have a problem with paying for something I need and I didn't mention the cancer to get a discount, least of all to get it for free. I offered to pay for the additional stuff but he refused to take my money. It's not often that you run across people like this and I felt you guys should know. Of course I will order anything I need from these people. Still above ground at 10 weeks late for dying, Jim

·
Registered
154 Posts
Jim,

That's GREAT to hear!
After one weens through the "Ruff" there are always amazing and caring people in this world. I'll keep my story short.. My Nephew (he's 4) has been diagnosed with liver cancer.. 3 months later with countless rounds of chemo, he's just had surgery 4 days ago to remove the tumor...so far, there are no signs of it left. He's been doing excellent...Miracles DO happen. Sounds like you're doin' OK too. :)

Here's to another 10 YEARS above ground.

Jay

·
BeltFed GURU
4,321 Posts
DeadTrainGuy
i am sure glad to see ya still proving the doc`s wrong, keep kicking em in the teeth
and in my dealings with What a country have always been good, he is a legal imigrant and really belives in the country and it`s values when i bought my A/N TVS the mount only cost $50 bucks more and he shipped it for free in the original US aluminum transport box all to gather about 60 + lbs and also included the manual for free a repro but a very high quality one i give him 5 stars one good guy

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive...it's deadtrainguy!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
What a Country

After the war began a cfew years ago in Iraq, there was a posting on one of the Forums about the owner. The guy that owns WAC, came to the US from Russia and started this business. He believes in free enterprise, firearms ownership, and has become a good American.

Anyway, he had a deal on used minlitary binoculars and a fellow called to buy a set for his son in Iraq. When he axplained to the owner what he wanted them for, he GAVE him the binoculars, and also sent enough for his entire Squad......FREE. His prices are OK and a vendor we should support! This is only my opinion, as I have only bought small items from him, but so far, everthing i have received has been A-OK.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's good hearing about people being well taken care of.

I hope you get to hang in like my dad did. The docs said 6 months... 3 1/2 years later I finally lost him. His quality of life was real good right till the end too.

Hang in there, only one guy making schedules and he wont tell us when our time is so the hell with the docs.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,321 Posts
if ya look closely at their shingle it says right on "Practicing medicine" don`t nothing about master of medicine :eek: :eek:

things they never tell ya

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Red "S"

Lobo, that's all I need. A cape and a big red "S" on my chest. Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a few freinds that came over from China and became citizens. They are some of the most conservative people I know. They truly lived through what we would like to avoid. I'm glad they are Americans now.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
You got it. Look up in the sky...it's DeadTrainGuy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts