1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I was excited about the possibility of using 8x62 ammo at one point. I have since heard that the reason that Marstar was selling the amo as components only is because its dangerous to use due to internal corrosion. The belts are said to be "flimsy". Please keep us posted on the results of your testfire.

·
Registered
901 Posts
It can't be worse than turk. I hope it's good so our friends to the north can get these guns out to the range for extended sessions.

576 Posts
Ah, I figured MarStar was sitting on a bunch of 8mm 1919 barrels and they just didn;t want us to have them! :)
I had a form 6 approved to import 4 of them from MarStar and they ran out. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm one of the few Canadians with a 1919A4 converted to 8X63.....I know of 4 people...me included....that have done this to a 1919.....also have a couple mausers converted to this round also....

I have run a couple thousand rounds through her....The gun almost never misses a beat....If I do my part on the trigger....It's a very powerful round....218gr. bullet at about 2700fps.....

I would be willing to trade some of my once fired belts for a non chrome lined 8mm barrel.....

It is a limited supply of ammo...and once it's gone there is no chance of getting anymore.....It'll be back to 308......

Russ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts