1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
It's a 30-06 stop that slides over the round 30-06 stop. Not necessary for shooting '06, but it was intended to line up the '06 round better, but not been found to be necessary.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more piece if you will!
eta: I think I found it on Liberators site. rear cartridge stop

Sorry bout the crappy pic. Camera phone.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
That's a 30-06 right rear cart stop...don't use it for 308...install the Izzy one which will work on all three calibers. Unless you plan on shooting 30-06 only. My understanding is that the 308 links will hang up on that stop because the 308 round is shorter.

If this is part of a complete parts set, with so many '06 parts, what does your lsp look like where the pawl pin goes thru? Is the belt holding pawl slot wide like an Izzy or is it real narrow for '06 only?

Also, does your belt feed pawl in the top cover have a straight finger in '06 or the curved finger for 308? You can see in the second photo how the finger offsets slightly to the left...an '06 one is straight.

Here's the wide Izzy holding pawl, the '06 is about half that wide.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, it's just a bunch of misc. spare parts I picked up. Just wanted to make sure what it was since I'm only used to seeing .308 parts. I've got it all on ebay right now. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
10-4, good luck on your auction.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Sydwaiz- If that -06 rear stop has RIA or BA after the drawing number let me know. I need one or more of each! If so, give me the auction #

Thanks!

Rollin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Rollin. It's an S.G. If you want to look at everything, my auctions are under the same user name.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,235 Posts
Thanks for checking, Mark. I'll keep looking! :)

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Reference the "Short Round Stop, cal .30 machineguns". TM 23-55, July 1965, states: "The purpose of the short round stop is to provide an assured means of eliminating stoppages caused by metal links jaming in the feedway exit and stopages caused by short rounds". This is the only source I have found that describes this part. The short round stop may have been a post war add on. I installed it in mine because it came with the kit. Others claim it works as well without it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts