1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Discussion starter · #24 ·
Here is the next generation of my Stoner ammo box experiment. As you can see I have changed the latch positions and lowered the box a bit as well as enlarging it slightly so its easier to load. I added stiffening ribs on the top and bottom. The later pictures show the first generation box next to the latest.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Well here is the latest on the 3D repro prints. The rifle/carbine handguard and slotted LMG handguards came out great and are shown with the previous LMG/auto rifle handguard. I also printed the standard stock and as you can see I added a rib in the middle that makes the stock much stiffer and it does not make sound like an instrument when you tap it. The new butt pad is also shown and the lettering is now fully formed as well as the correct number of ribs on the butt pad.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
My next 3D printing idea. This is a drum that works and resembles an original drum (which is now valued in excess of 10K these days). The design still has some work to be done on it as in the rear cover fastening (looking into dzus fasteners).

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Man that looks COOL.

How long, start to finish, does it take you to create that in Solidworks once you've got the dimensions figured out? Roughly. Just curious.
That took me about 4 hours including the layout and figuring stuff out. Since I was working with known dimensions from the ammo box it helped.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.