1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,166 Posts
It will depend a lot on if it is complete, and with all the original hardware. There have been repro front grip assemblies and butt plate rubber and steel parts made, since a fair amount of surplus wood came out missing those major pieces. If it has all original parts, it's probably in the $500-$600 range, maybe more depending on condition and how bad someone wants it. If it was issued, showing the DAS mark, that adds some value. The bare wood, with just the metal insert for the receiver and the base for the front grip, sold in NOS condition for about $200-$250 just a couple of years ago. Sometimes people pay big money if they really want one with original hardware, so consider my pricing to be a baseline.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
As noted, lots of repro parts over the years, so photos and details will be critical to evaluating what you have. Sort of like " I have a Chevy, what is it worth" question. Good pics will get good answers.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
then probably a buck two eighty. What kind of wood ? Which sling ?. Bipod? Correct front grip ? Handguard ? Finish on wood ? Any Markings on wood, or Bipod ? Correct butt plate.? Ther are a hundred little details, Korea and China have been making "repro" stuff for years. Accordingto stuff I just read over on M14 boards, Korean stuff ended up in US MIL service 20 + years ago.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The stock has the right front grip and butt plate. No sling or bipod wood is birch. As for markings I am not sure I have not looked at it in years. I sold my brother my house in R.I. and still have stuff their he asked me about it today. I no it is a real U.S. Military stock as I have had it over 32 years. It came on a Devine Texas M-1A.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,166 Posts
There was plenty of the wood around, but even 30 years ago there was repro hardware for these. I got an E2 stock from Springfield Armory with a custom ordered gun and it had a repro front grip, butt pad and flapper. That was in 1979. There will be drawing numbers on some of those hardware parts, or cast-in mfg markings on the foregrip, if original. Good i.d. info on these at the M14 forum, if you are a member there.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sold one 10 years ago- excellent condition for $600! It did not have sling or bipod, it did have all other hardware. Bought in 1998 for $175

1 - 8 of 8 Posts