1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this spam can of 8MM I got from Dolf a few years ago ,Yugo I think, all I know about it is it was the only stuff that shot good in the MG34s we built and it weighs in at 22 pounds. I would like to sell it .What's it worth ,Thanks V.V.6769 ...No PM please.

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have this spam can of 8MM I got from Dolf a few years ago ,Yugo I think, all I know about it is it was the only stuff that shot good in the MG34s we built and it weighs in at 22 pounds. I would like to sell it .What's it worth ,Thanks V.V.6769 ...No PM please.
Yep, Romanian. 380 rounds, and considered by most to be the best surplus 8mm available.... but I like my non corrosive Portuguese better.
Should be worth $250-$300 a can in todays market. Just my .02 worth.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

Yep, that's Romanian 8mm. At $300 per tin (380 rounds), that would be ~79 cents per round.

About 15 years ago, Eric, a good friend of Mongo and I, bought over 1.5 million rounds of this stuff at 6.5 cents per round, landed. At that time, the going market value of this ammo was 13 cents per round. At 79 cents per round, Eric is sitting on over one million dollars in profit. Not a bad return on investment for a less than $100,000 purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts