1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend picked this up as part of a much larger collection of US military long guns. The original owner is deceased and his spouse knew next to nothing about the collection. It looks a bit like a Breda conversion that would eventually become the BM59 series, but I really don't know. No help in my edition of Canfield. If any of you recognize it please chime in.

Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Revolver

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
....gun smith addition....?

Just a wild guess...but looks like a gun smith modification to the gas system....and looks to be an adjustable type mod. The 900K serial number would be well after the original gas-trap model was changed to the currently used system.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Looks like an M14 two position gas get up, only machined instead of forged. Shortened op-rod? Either it's bubba'd or the only example of a gazillion dollar proto. Not sure on the SN but its close to mine, late '42. .308 ?

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
I'd tend to agree on the "bubba" job. Pretty well done tho - interesting scope mount and shortened front end. Looks pretty good actually.....

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I'd post this to the GCA magazine -- would probably get a write-up with pictures. Whether it'd be a two-page write-up or two paragraph one remains to be seen, but I'd bet they'd print it!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts