1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks like this tripod. (except the one in the picture is set up in an AA mode)
Picture is from Denmark. Taken some time in the inter-war period.
537307d1373590595-portuguese-contract-madsen-lmg-st-ende-anl-gsstilling-skydning-mod-luftm-l.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
Madsen mount

I have an original mount for my Madsen that I obtained years ago in Germany from the son of a German Infantry Sergeant who had passed away. I believe he had the gun too but he did not admit it. As to the one in the movie, it looks like one of the post war modifications used by the Danish reserves with a top mount similar to the MG 34/42 tripod. My tripod does not have the two covered recoil spring retainers. I have a top mount for the MG42 that was post war made for the Danish Army that was used with the USA M1919a4 MG. Still cannot get the photographs to post. Harry

·
Registered
196 Posts
Movie

Any link to that movie? Looks like the Germans must have been drunk as they sure could not shoot very good. Would be interesting to see the whole movie especially with those various models of the Sd Kfz 221, 222 and 223 armored cars. Harry

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just watched the entire movie and have now seen all of the scenes that the tripod was in I can say for sure that it is a standard Danish Army Madsen soft mount. They did not have the remote trigger cable on it but the way the MG was mounted and dismounted appears exactly as mine. They really had some excellent German Sd Kfz 221, 222 and 223 Armored cars, not to mention the PKw II with the 20 mm. Not sure if they were reproductions but they wee proper. Harry

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
One shot shows the Germans with an Mg42 which is just a might early for when this was suppose to have taken place. 2:46 mark.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Danish troops at Bredevad on the morning of the German attack. Two of these soldiers were killed in action later that day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts