1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind that my drastic employment change has required created some interesting changes in the lexicon used, that I may have not completely grasped.

The parts I was running last night have a couple minutes of cycle time so I decide to clean my tool box. Finding a few new inserts not needed I figure I will give them to the foreman for his lathe. SO, I go over to his machine and say "I'm cleaning out my tool box tonight and won't be needing these and you will in the future."
He looks and asks, you are quitting?

Next time I will know that "cleaning out your tool box" means quitting, done, fired, or retired. I really like the retired idea. Any new tools I've been adding now get laser engraved with name and a date. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Just don't ask the secretary to polish your tool. Things would be a lot worse :)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
belt fed frog SEZ: "Aw she would just chuck it up in a lathe and runs some crocus cloth on it"

Dayum! That might hurt (your prospects)!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
yeah, first year teaching in the city my students tried to pull a practical joke that went wrong. They were gonna rearrange my gradebook or something silly and when I entered the room in tbeir rush to get to their seats knocked my full coffee over across my papers, their tests, my gradebook. I wasnt mad at them because I knew they didnt mean any harm. So I picked my soaked gradebook out of the coffee and was letting the coffee drain off of it and said sarcastically "that was real sweet guys" They all jumped up outraged "YO THATS NOT COOL" From their reaction I knew what I said had a different meaning to them so I stopped them and asked what it meant....."you called us a bunch of homos Mr. D"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts