my orf 1919A4 in 7.62 nato running? I really like the way this
weapon functions. Shot it again today but felt it was a little
sluggish. Sometimes the bolt handle would not return to full
forward position. So I increased the headspace just one more
click and it made all the difference in the world. I was shooting
south african and portugese ammo. This is a nice speciamen
from orf and it is accurate. I know some do not like them and
some do. I guess I got a good one. On special from cdnn for
$1014.00 delivered to my dealer and then $20 for the transfer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I keep a lot of springs and pins in a box. But the only thing that I really ever needed once was an extractor because the pin fell out and let the hook and spring go. Maybe the lock frame spring and plunger in case you field strip out in the sand and somehow unlatch the plunger and loose the parts? Some say they have broken semi sears and accellerators. An extra barrel in case you get a broken shell stuck and can't get it with the extractor. That happened to me once. That was my fault for reloading too many times. But I carry an extra barrel and my day wasn't over. Now I carry a tap to screw into the case to pull it out in case the broken shell extractor can't get it out. Threw the tap in my spare parts box. Ear plugs for the people that forgot the ear muffs. Tools to do field repairs, small hammer, file, punch set, oil, screw drivers, needle nose pliers, spray solvent of some kind to clean parts with, rags. All depends how remote the shoot place is and how prepaired you want to be.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Springs, a spare complete top cover (nice to have if you blow one up), a spare accelator (you'll have to file, grind, mill the spare to SA - easy to do). I had my original ORF trigger brake - did a crappy braze job while waiting on the replacement and its still running. A few spare extractors - sometimes helps with feed issues when switching ammo manuf's. or calibers. And a few extra cam lock screws - yes they do fall out (and then you spend 2 hours trying to fix the gun when it would have taken 3 secs to replace the screw - which you'll NEVER find again if it falls out!).

Of course the assortment of tools, magic screwdrivers, and rubber mallet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts