1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Airforce "Big Texan"

.457 dia. bore, If you cast bullets for a .45/70, this will digest them, up to 1000 fps. with a round ball and it automatically regulates how much air by weight of the projectile,, from 143 gr, to the 405 and 411 gr. bullets,,, damn thing makes some noise going off too... It has a Lothar Walther barrel (34") and it is said to be capable of a 2" group at 100 yards.

There is a video on youtube by Iraqveteran8888 that is a good vid,,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b2kMyMLEBA

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Got the video running right now. That looks totally cool! Thanks for sharing that, my friend. Good to see ya popping up! :D

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They go for about $1000 for the rifle,.. I had to get the package deal with the scope and the carbon fiber scuba tank (holds more air @ 4500psi), so I spent about $1700 total... and I had pre ordered it a few months ago, I wound up with a s/n that's in the 120's.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Very impressive. Not too practical for me, as I have enough trouble dragging a case of ammo along to a shoot. An air tank seems like a lot of extra hassle from step #1 to finish. Still, if one were present, I'd likely enjoy the heck out of shooting it! :D

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
That is one nasty BB gun! LOL!! How do you personally refill the tank?

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very impressive. Not too practical for me, as I have enough trouble dragging a case of ammo along to a shoot. An air tank seems like a lot of extra hassle from step #1 to finish. Still, if one were present, I'd likely enjoy the heck out of shooting it! :D
My tank (the carbon fiber one) is a 74 cu. ft. tank @ 4500 psi.. typical scuba size.. weighs @ 12 lbs. my old steel one ( is 27 lbs. @ 300 psi). They make what we call a "buddy bottle", they are carbon fiber, about a quart in size, 4500 psi and are good for a few fills, plus you can carry it on your belt.

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is one nasty BB gun! LOL!! How do you personally refill the tank?
Rugs,.. Some dive shops can refill the scuba tank, most paintball places can refill them too., from the scuba tank to the rifle, it is like the QD air hose fittings, like you would use on a nailgun, just smaller, 1/8".. you can recharge the tank on the gun in about 30 seconds to a minute.

Oh,.. and Rugs,... they make a 3 stage bicycle style pump just for you... about 250 pumps and you have a full tank on the rifle. I know you would love the workout... lolsss....

Now personally,,.. I have a friend that has a compressor, they run from $1ooo - 3ooo..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just bought its baby brother the Talon in .25. I'm thinking it won't be long till I have to have the Texan. How many shot per fill are you getting?

·
Shoutbox Messer Upper
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just bought its baby brother the Talon in .25. I'm thinking it won't be long till I have to have the Texan. How many shot per fill are you getting?

I also have a Talon SS that is internally suppressed in .22, a real squirrel getter...

I know with the 411gr. bullets, it is like 3 full power shots, then it starts to fall off... 6 with a 350gr.,.. 10 with a 200 gr. and about 13 for the 143 gr. round ball...

·
Registered
28 Posts
3 shots of 400+ grn projectiles, 2" at 100 yrds from an airgun, awesome. Now I'm all spun back up about the Texan.

The .25 talon has decimated the local squirrel population. I can't get over the accuracy we get out of pellet rifles these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts