1919 A4 Forums banner

What's better: Greek, Yugo, or Turk 8mm..

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Luke 
#1 ·
What's better: Greek, Yugo, or Turk 8mm..??
thx
jordan

I have shot a shitload of Turk, and have been happy with it. About 30% of the case necks split upon firing, but I don't care about that, as they are berdan primed and I'm not gonna reload em.........and about .5% of the bullets can be easily pulled out of the cases before firing......not good. But, I check them over and find most of these in the linking process.............How about Greek and Yugo........reloadable? Brass or steel cased? Rate them in order of corrosiveness too..........
thx
jordan

#2 ·
Everything is corrosive except commercial made. Only the Egyptian will freak you out, however. Everything else can be delt with reasonably.

I have gotten some Greek 8mm that was reloadable and some that was Berdan. Also Izzy 8mm is reloadable. All others are Berdan which CAN be reloaded, but at a higher expense and more fuss.

The Turk doesn't split upon firing, it is already split just sitting there. You must inspect the ammo before belting it and it's easy to find the splits.

Only steel cased 8mm I have run into was the German and Romanian, all others were brass.

#3 ·
Shattered is right, ecspecially about the turk. I used to get pallets at a time, 99% of what i shot. And yes alot are split before shot but they still do fine. I like turk, leaves a nice little pile of money under the gun when your done shootin. Brass is what, $2.60 LB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.