1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at maybe building one of the semi PPSH kits and I'm a little confused.

Does BATFE require the parts set to have a torch cut thru the trunion pivot hole?

Most of the kits I see advertised are cut thru the pivot hole which is gonna make for a difficult build if that section has to be repaired. I see that Prexis sells top receiver parts, but I don't see anyone selling trunions.

If the cut isn't required then is there a source for parts sets with the trunion hole intact?

Here's an example stolen from another site.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iris, that's good info. They sell trunions as well as the 80% receiver blank.

I emailed weaponeers to ask if he has parts sets for sale.

thx.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats what i get for stock piling kits and parts in preparation of getting our SOTII. I have a pile of builds/conversions scheduled to start 00:01 7/1 :)

Keep in mind if you buy Cold Steel's 80% receiver for $140 you also need to buy the trunnion to install in it for another $50.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10-4. I got an email back from weaponeers and the parts sets he just finished selling in the group buy were PPSH48 kits and looked really good...day late and dollar short.

I'll keep looking for one of those with the trunny intact.

·
Registered
413 Posts
AK
Did you check out the site you linked? In the tab Whats New it says the BATFE had asked them to stop selling. Now they are selling. Maybe thats why you have not received your kit yet.

·
Premium Member
3,300 Posts
The Demil on the PPSH kits can be summed up as:

1. If you want to sell the kit with the receiver included you need to chop the trunion.

2. IF you request a waiver (which is what happened on the PPSH48) the trunion is not cut, but the rear receiver section is cut off and destroyed (not included)

I sold hundreds (600+) of PPSH48 of the last couple years, and now the supply has dried up. there will only be a few kits left after the group buy, and all future PPSH kits will have the cut trunions.

The group buy kits should start shipping late next week.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey Lobo,
I put together a dummy reciever PPSh and it wasn't that bad getting the trunnion back together. A bit of copper rod and some simple machining and, VIOLA!:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes the Nartron kits are the ones weaponeer was selling, and the ones I got were the best money I ever spent, they are really nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts