1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fast can you get your semi 1919 to empty brass (w/o crank)? I wanna clock a 100 round belt next time out and was wondering what a decent ROF is. 60-100 RPM's or faster?
TIA,
mcj600

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have seen someone tapping on the butterfly trigger of their spadegrips and you would swear it was full auto.

By putting one hand on top of the buffer tube and hitting the trigger with the other hand, I can get off fast bursts.

Never clocked it, though.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I say probably about 260 - 270. It would be a little faster without using thumbs and just tapping the butterfly or pad with one hand. Not bad, but you definately need a crank - thumbs get tired that way :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Brass...

Your right.. Crank will up the ROF.. But, as bad as that's jumping around, it would be hard to rotate the crank smoothly.. Need to get that tripod tied down. Crank won't work well when the lead sprayer jumps that much...

I've had the same thought. But to really test the crank, recoil must be eliminated. (whoo-hoo... eliminated :eek: ). OK as much as possiable :rolleyes:

I'm going to weld a test stand to a set of tractor wheel weights. (yea, steel to cast iron weld.. That s*$ks..) Just a test... Let you know what happens..

Tim

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Looked to me like the table was jumping more than the tripod. What you need is an MG3 ground tripod with recoil springs built in :) I won't shoot off of anything else these days, and a chair works quite well behind it!

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Somebody posted about two years ago that theirs ran a 250 round belt straight thru in about 35 to 40 seconds. That's about 375 to 428 rpm. With a Crankfire and a very stiff trigger reset spring I've probably come close to the 375 mark, but over six rounds per second is really zipping. Scoutfal ran a cloth belt thru mine and even though he did it in bursts that was the fastest cyclic rate my guns seen...for some reason the links were a little slower.

The '28 water cooled (being recoil operated only and no gas assist) runs at best about 250 maybe 275 rpm with a Crankfire.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Rate of fire?

I know you guys are trying to burn out barrels and all that good stuff but the standard rate of fire with out killing the gun is like 150 RPM right and if you got a steamer they advised between 450-550 RPM thats what an old USMC manual advises so is that about right or what?:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
You're right, recommended "sustained" rate of fire is very low (manual says 60rpm for 30 minutes) in order to keep from burning up barrels and to make sure you can keep shooting during battle, but maximum rate of fire on a fa is I think around 490.

With chrome lined barrels or cheap blaster barrels I stop when the belt's empty and only long enough to change belts. I've got an inexpensive source for 8mm water cooled barrels so I run that baby continuously as long as I feel like...or until I run out of water.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Okay just checking

Okay just checking... Not like I will be able to link up more than ten rounds at a time. Unless of course nobodys looking:D

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Hey Kali, someone posted the other day that if you owned a high capacity magazine before the ban that you could still own and use it in Kali...is that correct? If it is and say you owned an MG42 drum or one of those IMA cans that attaches directly to the gun (just like a high cap mag), would that be legal to shoot a 250 round belt from??

Why would it make a legal difference whether it's a spring loaded plunger that pushes rounds in a magazine or a belt that pulls rounds from a magazine?

So that we don't hijack this thread into something not related, I'll move this question to Open Talk and ask.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey Lobo..

I was going to ask that question myself.. Here's what I understand..

In Ohio, mags over 30 rounds have been outlawed.. (don't ask about grandfathering, I don't know that either)..

However, local law enforcement says that the belt is External ammo. Not Internal ammo , like the internal ammo in a magazine..

Have I got it right :rolleyes:

Tim

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I've Shot 20rds in 5 seconds using the regular trigger. Adds up to to 240 rpm.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I just got my gun running really nice and I can rip through a 200 round belt in about a minute. I'm still trying to get that stupid grin off my face.

I just hold the tube and bang on the trigger. It sounded like an auto running short bursts. The kid that works for me is a drummer. I'd like to see him run it :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I can say with complete confidence and authority the Valkyrie 1919/AR15 system is the smoothest lightest trigger pull money can buy. Then there is the issue of how fast does this weapon really shoot ? Back in April of 2003 I did an informal experiment and linked up a one thousand round continuous belt, set up the pac/timer called over the range officers at Ukumehame Fireing Range and let her rip, when the dust settled the average was six hundred and fifty rounds per minute or about one hundred rounds faster then the full auto.

Mark:D

·
BeltFed GURU
4,322 Posts
Mark
i would love to see some pic`s of VAL`s trigger system i accuired one of DLO`s from her many ,many years ago back before the intruded side plate designs

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
Man, that's fast!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Mark Genovese said:
I can say with complete confidence and authority the Valkyrie 1919/AR15 system is the smoothest lightest trigger pull money can buy. Then there is the issue of how fast does this weapon really shoot ? Back in April of 2003 I did an informal experiment and linked up a one thousand round continuous belt, set up the pac/timer called over the range officers at Ukumehame Fireing Range and let her rip, when the dust settled the average was six hundred and fifty rounds per minute or about one hundred rounds faster then the full auto.

Mark:D
Mark, to achieve 650RPM in a semi you must be using some type of crank or lever? .... electric tooth brush?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts