1919 A4 Forums banner

Where to buy a complete 30-06 1919?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Marshal 
#1 ·
Hi, I am new to 1919s. I would like a pre-built 1919 in 30-06 and see alot in 308, I remember even CDNN was selling 1919s in 308. Does anyone sell complete 30-06 1919s, and who makes some of the better ones? I am in Eastern Pennsylvania if anyone knows of any in shops on this side of the state! Thanks for any advice you can give me.

#2 ·
Usually the places that custom build the 1919 make in in .308, but also will make it in .30-06 for some extra cash.

Allied Armament, TNW, Ohio Rapid Fire, Ohio Ordnance, etc

http://alliedarmament.homestead.com/1919A.html

http://www.tnwfirearms.com/guns_1919.shtml

http://www.ohiorapidfire.com/old1919.htm

http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/semi-auto/1919a4_semi-auto.html

I ordered a M1919A4 in .30-06 from Allied Armament on Dec 5th. Payment went through on Dec 6th. and the firearm STILL hasn't arrived at the gun shop. So be carefull out there!

#3 ·
Thanks for the links!

Why is the one from ORF $2000 and the Allied is only $1200? And the kit from OOW is only $1000, is that complete? I would like one completely built but I didnt think they were at $2000 already.

Is there a beginners guide on the internet to 1919s? I'd like to get one soon because I am sure I am going to blink and all of the sudden they will be impossible to get like everything else made from surplus parts.

#5 ·
Cool Breeze- It's important to know that, with the exception of the all-USGI 30-06 guns that Cole is selling, as per Dan's post above, these are going to be the Israeli modified 308 guns. Most all the kits on the market are from U.S. made guns that the Israelis modified. Original 30-06 guns in un-molested specs are rarer and more expensive. Now $2000 is very high for a gun built on an Israeli kit. $1200 has been about average, with sales at lower prices on occasion and some better quality builders charging more. I would recommend the USGI guns from Cole as that will give you a more valuable gun, no matter the price you pay. The base kit is about double in value, at least. OOW's kits at about $1000 are including all parts and mods needed to assemble as a semi. Normally, one buys a $400 kit and spends a few hundred acquiring a right plate, machining internals and getting a semi trigger and sear. Either way, you still have to rivet it together and parkerize, etc.

Remember too, that converting calibers is fairly easy on these guns, with swapping of the barrel and a few other important parts. Though an Israeli 308 gun may be a little easier to convert to 30-06, than the USGI over to 308, just due to one of the cartridge stops. If you want a 30-06 to begin with, then just go with that and be done. 308 is not a great option anymore, due to ammo cost.

#6 ·
Thanks for the links!

Why is the one from ORF $2000 and the Allied is only $1200? And the kit from OOW is only $1000, is that complete? I would like one completely built but I didnt think they were at $2000 already.

Is there a beginners guide on the internet to 1919s? I'd like to get one soon because I am sure I am going to blink and all of the sudden they will be impossible to get like everything else made from surplus parts.
If you decide to go the ORF route, then R-Guns has them for $1200. They are pretty good folks to deal with as well. Just don't expect your boxes to be packed very well. The ORF 1919's come in a hardcase so that shouldn't be a problem. http://www.rguns.net/009_34.html

#8 ·
Don't forget Cole Distributing. We have 100% USGI guns, in stock, ready to ship, built right here in KY. Don't forget your tripod with T&E, pintle, linkers, links and spare parts. One stop shopping ('ceptin ammo) for the 1919.
Dan
...REALLY? :eek: they're not on your site! how much????

#9 ·
Big Bump for Dan. Go with a company with a good name whatever you do, there are some out there that will make you wish you never got into the beltfed scene.

Don't forget Cole Distributing. We have 100% USGI guns, in stock, ready to ship, built right here in KY. Don't forget your tripod with T&E, pintle, linkers, links and spare parts. One stop shopping ('ceptin ammo) for the 1919.
Dan
and now
Cole Distributing
270-622-3569
www.coledistributing.com

#12 ·
need to pick up another 1919a4 semi this year, no time for a build, how are allied's guns, havent seen any posts about them for awhile
Well, if you can get one in a timely fashion, there is nothing wrong with the quality. But they are discontinuing 1919s and M2s, so you will want to act fast if you want one. Be sure to read all the info on this board about their customer service and make up your own mind.

You might still consider Cole Distributing, as suggested above. :)

#14 ·
hey mnysights, you should consider a parts kit from coles or the group buy because there are alot of guys on this sight that will help you or do the build for you.I ordered one from aa in late oct. and just got it two weeks back,I am happy with the quality but would not go that route again. I am buying two parts kits and having them built because I never get time to do my stuff and don't want to miss out before they are too much $$good luck

#15 ·
The best builder for 1919

Check with John B McGuire,
I just received my 30-06 built gun from him and the craftsmanship and quality of build was fantastic. Shoots perfectly.
Great guy also. Also responds quickly should you have any concerns. I'm new to belt guns and John has been helping me along.
I was like you, I was reading the forums for a long time, did my research checked with members and when I was ready the most respected was John
McGuire.
You want the best, get the best! You won't forget it. Give him a call or email him he'll get back to you.
here's his info.

206 Parkview Dr
McMinnville, TN 37110
931-473-8391
931-808-9272
wcrifleclub@blomand.net

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.