1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody has had to bring some in country. Where are they? Wonder if they are holding them back, waiting for the demand, so they can ask for a high price.

·
Registered
741 Posts
There was a fellow in Poland selling them a year or so ago - Robert Kruk (or Kruck). I bought 3 from him -- all new in the cosmoline. A nice guy to do business with. At the time he was getting low, inventory-wise. A few months ago he was selling Swiss Maxim belt loaders that had been coverted for the Swiss version of the MG-42 on GunBroker (or was it Auction Arms? One of them...). Good luck !

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have a czech loader for the UK59 for sale, which kinda looks like an RPD, but Im not sure how different or similar they are. It loads 7.62X54R onto linked belts. Also have some Swiss STGW57 loaders for sale, and Im trying to get some of the STGW51 loaders, which are the swiss version the MG42s. Ill post pics and prices if you are interested.

·
Registered
36 Posts
BobNPrc said:
There was a fellow in Poland selling them a year or so ago - Robert Kruk (or Kruck). I bought 3 from him -- all new in the cosmoline. A nice guy to do business with. At the time he was getting low, inventory-wise. A few months ago he was selling Swiss Maxim belt loaders that had been coverted for the Swiss version of the MG-42 on GunBroker (or was it Auction Arms? One of them...). Good luck !
Those loaders from Poland are PKM loaders and not RPD loaders. Only RPD loaders I seen were made in E. Germany.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hail Mary said:
Those loaders from Poland are PKM loaders and not RPD loaders. Only RPD loaders I seen were made in E. Germany.
You're right - I stand corrected. Got my Eastern European Alphabet scrambled again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
jake-cutter said:
Will any of those work for the 1910 maxim? I am new to the maxim and I am currently looking for accessories.
Keep your eyes open on eBay,Gun Broker, and Auction Arms - the Finnsh belt loaders for the Maxim show up every once in a while. They have been going for around $225 +/- in the case. The PKM and Maxim 1910 use the same metal non-disintegrating belt. So, the PKM belt loader will work on metal belts for the Maxim 1910, but not the cloth belts. For a while a couple of years ago the PKM loaders were around and pretty cheap (Robert in Poland), but the supply seems to have dried up.Because they can be used with the metal belts for the Maxim 1910, folks that have them aren't giving them up.

(The metal PKM belts that will run in PKM and Maxim 1910 will also run in a Vickers).

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Sportsman's Guide -- $249, I think.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yopu have a stock number for the sportsman guide

1 - 12 of 12 Posts