1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 8mm conversion and I need a barrel and a cart stop. I'm looking at either ammunition store barrels or sarcos barrel and stop set. I know John sells chrome line barrels but thats out of my range for now. Or does any body know of any other 8mm barrels avaible? I read alot of bad things about sarco but I would like to know where to get it from. If anybody has either a barrel of cart stop (I need the 7.62 style since I don't have a 30-06 stop pin) they want to sell e-mail me [email protected] Or does anybody have a print on how to modify the 7.62 front cart stop since I can mill it. It looks like they use a ball nose end mill. Thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
sarco does not have any barrels.ctxt

was waiting for over six months on backorder, forget sarco. go w/john mcguire or ammostore. just my 2cents
steve

·
BeltFed GURU
4,323 Posts
i waited 6 months and then cancelled the sarco order i got a 7.62 style 8mm stop from John mcguirre and 2 of his chrome lined barrels and i also have an ammo store unlined barrel and the booster orffice in 8mm

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
HottAK47 said:
If I'm not mistaken , the Sarco barrels ARE Ammostore barrels
...and NEITHER one are John McGuire Barrels!!!

SUPPORT YOUR COTTAGE INDUSTRY SUPPLIERS!!!

576 Posts
I received three 8mm barrels from Sarco back in Feb, they were in fact Isreali barrels all dated 1967. I had them on backorder from November. I ended up sending them back because $139 a piece for a well used barrel was just too expensive in my opinion.

I don't believe Sarco has any 8mm barrels at this time. Dave Michaels tells me the ones I received were found mixed in with the 30-06 and 7.62 barrels they bought from Israel and it is just luck of the draw when they run across a few to fill the back orders.

·
Registered
983 Posts

Ditto, on the above. John is first rate to deal with and his barrels are the best. Chris

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bmbrzmn101 said:

Ditto, on the above. John is first rate to deal with and his barrels are the best. Chris
How much are Johns Barrels? Thanks

576 Posts
bmbrzmn101 said:

Just remember.....NEVER use Yugo 8mm in them.

I assume you are saying they are the best based on your experience with all of the different brands....Sarco, AmmunitionStore and John's?

They do look nice though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dave B - Great Lakes Arms said:
Well I won't comment on that but if you want to read the thread on it search "Yugo Ammo" here in the archives and you will have your answer.

Here, I'll make it easier.

http://www.1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876&highlight=yugo+ammo

? You Just Did!

Seems like you just might have a Hack with ALL 1919 Barrel Sources.

My Mama always said "Son If You Can't Say Something Nice About Someone, Don't Say It".

One should pretty much understand in the "Belt Fed League" barrels are just consumables and if you play hard your gonna consume a bucket full in no time. Running alot 100 Rd Belts of 50's vintage ammo FA is a little like driving 140 MPH in a drizzle. Lots of fun but it can turn around and bite you in the ass at any time.

I believe most readers here THANK John for his observation and in NO way take it as disclaimer of his barrels quality.

On the other hand your always going to have those who feel that no matter what they pay their always on the short end. You get what you pay for so instead of talking a man's product down why not just get Ya some Blaster Barrels at 4 for a $1.00 to shoot up that stockpile of your 50's Yugo?

Then again you could take up Golf as balls are alot less pricey than 1919 barrels.

·
Registered
28 Posts
And Reading Further On The 8MM Barrel Crisis

I happen to come upon this post:rolleyes:

06-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Dave B - Great Lakes Arms
WECSOGer Join Date: May 2006

WTS: New Chrome Lined 8mm Barrels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two of the John McGuire 8mm Chrome lined 8mm barrels for sale.
$240 plus shipping each.

These are new never fired still in the brown kraft paper wrap.

[email protected]
Class 3

Well Dave you just made $30.00 thanks to Mr. John McGuire selling his barrels for $15.00 more each than you paid for them after trying to discredit his product.

Whata Guy:rolleyes:

576 Posts
I happen to come upon this post:rolleyes:

06-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Dave B - Great Lakes Arms
WECSOGer Join Date: May 2006

WTS: New Chrome Lined 8mm Barrels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two of the John McGuire 8mm Chrome lined 8mm barrels for sale.
$240 plus shipping each.

These are new never fired still in the brown kraft paper wrap.

[email protected]
Class 3

Well Dave you just made $30.00 thanks to Mr. John McGuire selling his barrels for $15.00 more each than you paid for them after trying to discredit his product.

Whata Guy:rolleyes:

Had to get my shipping out of them....and it is a free market last time I checked.

Would you prefer I go back and erase all my comments becasue this is a discussion that is long over. Read the entire thread not just parts of it....you would think you were a retired journalist not a retired pilot.
My post was in reference to John's saying to not use Yugo in his barrels. I have accepted that fact and elected to sell my barrels....excuse me if I made a buck....I am after all in business to do that you know.

Am I pissed, sad or otherwise disappointed that I cannot use Yugo in these great chrome lined barrels that held so much promise and I waited since January for....You bet.

If you would like to fool yourself and think that most people that shoot guns recreationally only use new factory ammo then fool away my friend.

I have been in this game for a while, you need not try and school me.

Thanks for your commentary.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think anyone would try to school you Dave as you seem to know just about all there is to know.

Point being you still don't kick a persons product or work when they give you good advice that is all. And Being In The Game So Long you gotta have some blaster barrels to shoot up your stockpile of Yugo?

I can't for the life of me wonder just why someone In The Game So Long would opt to just deal and not manufacturer NFA and try to Bad Ink a fellow who brings so much to the table.

Dave I retired as hauling whiners and loud mouths just took the fun out of being a Glorified Bus Driver:(

576 Posts
I have blasters and new barrels...in fact I have four MG34 barrels that John converted for me...that is why I said and will say again, John is a great machinist. I have no issue with John.

As for being C3 and not C2....Zoning won't allow it where I am located and this does not pay enough to lease a commericial building.

I guess I do have a question for you though.....the question was asked; Why not use Yugo ammo?....so I pointed to the thread that discussed just that.

I thought it prudent to give fair warning from my experience that the barrels that were being discussed and promoted may not be suitable for nearly 50% of the currently available surplus ammo supply.

Would you rather I said nothing and let the guy buy a barrel that he may not be able to use?

The question was asked, I did not start my own thread for the purpose of bashing the barrels.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My ammunition store barrel works great with yugo ammo. I post about how my replacement barrel from John is performing but I don't have it yet:(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts