1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sheepdog did. He had a semi for sale for a while as well.
Let me edit this. I thought it was probably one of the ones he built but it says incoming so no clue. You will have to wait for more pics

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've done a few they are horrible and good kits are really hard to find, just needs a spacer and adapter for the barrel and go to wearing one out. They really don't shoot that great though vs an M2.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I wouldn't trade my all matching number Polish M38/46 for anything. I bought his welding jig may years ago thinking I would weld it - wrong. I ended up selling it.

Too many deployments messed with the timing for the build and me being at home to receive it. Luckily, Dennis built and delivered it just before I was diagnosed with colon cancer after my last deployment of 2009-2010.

Once you get a kit built and running well, it will put a smile on your face and everyone at the range always comes over while setting it up and wants to talk about it, and yes, everyone wants to send 5 or 10 rounds down range. Dennis converted the barrel to 50 BMG so I don't have to eat Top Shelf Ramen for the rest of my life.

I'm still looking for a set of shoulder rests that mounts to the cradle, so if anyone has a serviceable one to sell, please PM me.

Very respectfully,
Buck

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Mine's an all matching number Polish dushka as well.

I'm using Dennis' weld fixture and semi parts on my build. Just about ready to weld the receiver together. Spent most of yesterday grinding in prep for the welding phase.

I'm staying with the original 12.7 x 108 as the barrel is pristine. Been buying up brass cased ammo so I can reload it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
As Buck said the Dshk does get quite a bit of attention at the range. I wanted to keep mine in original caliber but was just to costly. Also the Dshk can be a bit rough on brass on ejection which could be a concern with original brass mostly depends on mount. In my experience the tank cradles tend to bugger up case necks nicely. The wheeled or AA cradles are not as hard. Just a reconfigure on cradle deflector plate on the tank mount or removal may rectify this.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mine's an all matching number Polish dushka as well.

I'm using Dennis' weld fixture and semi parts on my build. Just about ready to weld the receiver together. Spent most of yesterday grinding in prep for the welding phase.

I'm staying with the original 12.7 x 108 as the barrel is pristine. Been buying up brass cased ammo so I can reload it.
Outstanding!

I wanted to keep it in the original caliber, but decided I wanted to shoot it. Dennis said he had some 108mm he could sell me, but after looking at his more than fair price 108mm versus 50 BMG, I changed to 12,7x99mm.

I still can't afford to look for or purchase enough 108mm to do a test fire let alone feed it. Since I also have one of Ed's M2HB, I couldn't refuse Dennis's offer of chambering the barrel to 12,7x99mm. With the price of M33 linked ball and APIT much cheaper again, I've been buying it then M9 linking the loose and stacking it deep.

V/R
Buck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts