1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in serious need of somebody who is experienced with the detail disassembly of an F/A AK-47. I need to replace the selector on an F/A AK-47 and I guess I'm too stupid to make it happen. There are plenty of Ewe-Toob videos on disassembly of semis and those just don't cut it. I really hate it when I'm a dumb ass.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It's pretty easy, in my experience. Take off the top cover and remove the bolt carrier assembly. The selector runs through the receiver and protrudes from a small hole on the left side. Look for a catch or spring in this area. Take a photo of it.

Move the selector fully up until vertical. Move it out to the right. If it won't pivot all the way up, pull the trigger back and forth until it will wiggle vertical. Then remove.

Install the new one, just go in the reverse. Make sure the spring or catch that rests against the selector is in place and in the right spot.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can take some pics tomorrow. Here are my steps:

1) Cock weapon.
2) Remove top cover.
3) Remove recoil spring and bolt carrier assembly.
4) With selector in either semi or full position I continued my steps
5) With small screw driver tip, I push down on auto sear trip. Hammer will now fall to the sear.
6) I squeeze the trigger and let the hammer fall fully forward.
7) Move selector upward past the full position, past the save position, and continue upwards.
8) Now for my problem; The paddle on the bottom of the safety axle comes into contact with the rear of the disconnector and cannot be moved.
9) The disconnector cannot be moved forward with the elector in the current upward position.
10) Everything is now static and cannot be moved.

I can start over again and move the disconnector forward when the selector is in full of semi position. Once I do that, I cannot rotate the selector upward.

I get into the above 'disconnector cannot move forward' situation when the trigger is forward or pressed back. The ewe-toob videos show that pressing on the disconnector will cause it to move forward. Not for me. That baby is bottomed out on the trigger assembly.

Just for the record, this is a Chinese AK-47 with a double hook sear.

Does all the above make sense?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I have seen that before, you will have to pull the trigger pin and release the sear. Yes I know that is a PITA with the spring holding it all together

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have seen that before, you will have to pull the trigger pin and release the sear. Yes I know that is a PITA with the spring holding it all together
****! I was afraid of something like that. How in the hell do I get everything back together afterwards? Are there any videos of that floating around?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have success!!! A pair of "Thank You"s are extended to members fastmonkey87 and Mongo for talking me through this harrowing experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts