1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a new gun and am looking for a good loader to build many metal belts over the years. Have seen some on the web but have no idea who's is best. In the pics I seem to like the one from Ohio Ordnance but says out of stock.
I have two friends going to the creek next weekend. Whose should they look for?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
my advice would be get one that is similar to the OOW linker well constructed and heavy duty that will last forever. that has a bar across the width of the linker, that will support the entire circumference the opening of the link when applying pressure to the rounds, rather then the pins which is only supporting between the link, and is capable to of pushing 20 rounds through the links at one go. the good part of getting that kind, if by chance you drop it and it falls face first, you won't damage it like the one that has pins, where the pins will break or bend.

here is one that is a copy of the OOW

https://shop.ironcreationsllc.com/product.sc?productId=173

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have an Ohio Ordnance Works one and have loaded THOUSANDS of rounds with it. The anodizing is the toughest coating I have ever seen, with no wear and not a scratch. If your'e going to KCR next weekend see if you can find one (or more) of them. I'm disappointed but not surprised that OOW shows them being out of stock, they've been getting out of the 1919 parts and accessories biz for a while now. I should have bought a second linker ... :(

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
yep, those OOW linkers are built like a T34 tank :D.

I saw on this board someone linked to a auction site were someone was auctioning off a M3 linker in a home made box, that was made to look like it was military.

well, that gave me a idea for a winter project. I have several projects in my head to do in these LONG and freezing cold winters we have up here in NE Ohio, what's another one? :D

so I went down in my basement where I have a couple of aussie wood .308 ammo crate that's been down there for over 20 years gathering dust, and put my OOW linker in one of them, it fit in the box nicely:).

just have to cut the box shorter, length-wise, reposition the hinges and clasps, cut a Styrofoam and wood blocking for it so it doesn't rattle around and keeps it nice and secure, add a carry strap and repaint it. then I'll have a carry box for my OOW :D

I tried to see how I can make the linker handle lay flat, so the box wouldn't be as tall. but that would entail me hacking on my linker , and I just didn't want to do that at all

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
That's a great ammo box!

I just pull the cotter pins from the hinge pivots and slide the pusher bar all the way forward which allows the handle to lay pretty flat.

Update us on that linker box when you get it done, that'd be great to see!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have a new gun and am looking for a good loader to build many metal belts over the years. Have seen some on the web but have no idea who's is best. In the pics I seem to like the one from Ohio Ordnance but says out of stock.
I have two friends going to the creek next weekend. Whose should they look for?
bought mine off ebay new a few months back, or so. ive loaded a couple thousand rounds so far. works like a charm very well built. screwed it down to my bench. it does 20 rounds at a time. live, green or black plastic blanks with zero problems

·
Registered
708 Posts
One of the old TNW linkers, if you can find one. I love mine. The things aren't very pretty mine works great and is a lot heavier that it looks. It will link 308, 30-06, 8mm and 50 cal. Works with a crank. TNW quite making them years ago, probably because the push linkers were so much cheaper. load the links, load the ammo and start cranking. You see one come up for sale every once in a while.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yep, those OOW linkers are built like a T34 tank :D.

I saw on this board someone linked to a auction site were someone was auctioning off a M3 linker in a home made box, that was made to look like it was military.

well, that gave me a idea for a winter project. I have several projects in my head to do in these LONG and freezing cold winters we have up here in NE Ohio, what's another one? :D

so I went down in my basement where I have a couple of aussie wood .308 ammo crate that's been down there for over 20 years gathering dust, and put my OOW linker in one of them, it fit in the box nicely:).

just have to cut the box shorter, length-wise, reposition the hinges and clasps, cut a Styrofoam and wood blocking for it so it doesn't rattle around and keeps it nice and secure, add a carry strap and repaint it. then I'll have a carry box for my OOW :D

I tried to see how I can make the linker handle lay flat, so the box wouldn't be as tall. but that would entail me hacking on my linker , and I just didn't want to do that at all

That is a heavy duty looking linker you have there slowfire, thank you for posting it here. I just wanted to find out if you still have that one, and if you know what is the center to center measurement of the channels in that loading plate is ? and also what is the center to center measurement on the round holes in the front fence ? I do know this is an old thread, so I hoping that it's still there.

Any help would be appreciated, as always. Thanks. Jim.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
JM i goofed on where you measure the channel, it's from the outer edge of the ridge of the channel not the inner ridge, sorry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts