1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for different makers of left and right plates for some builds of mine. I already checked KMP and they don't make left plates. I have seen Halos plates and he does both. I'm wanting 2 left plates and 2 right plates for my 1917a1 clone builds. These are the only two makers I have seen and know anything about.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I am looking for different makers of left and right plates for some builds of mine. I already checked KMP and they don't make left plates. I have seen Halos plates and he does both. I'm wanting 2 left plates and 2 right plates for my 1917a1 clone builds. These are the only two makers I have seen and know anything about.
I know of no other maker than Halo to offer new LSPs to the general public, at this time. Used to be another option with T&S, but they are no longer in the business. As for RSPs, beyond Halo and KMP, there is Lee Tool and Machine, and OOW. If any others are still producing, I am not aware at the moment. One other member here has done some left plates for personal use, but he has not offered them to the market. If he wants the business, he will see this and post, I am sure.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know of no other maker than Halo to offer new LSPs to the general public, at this time. Used to be another option with T&S, but they are no longer in the business. As for RSPs, beyond Halo and KMP, there is Lee Tool and Machine, and OOW. If any others are still producing, I am not aware at the moment. One other member here has done some left plates for personal use, but he has not offered them to the market. If he wants the business, he will see this and post, I am sure.
Ok. Thanks man. I wasn't sure if anyone did make them or not. Halos plates are very nice and hard to beat.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anybody had experience with using a 1919 lsp for a 1917a1 build by removing the sight bracket and welding the holes? Just didn't know how that looks after parking it.

·
Registered
901 Posts
If you are going that route i would suggest using flush filed rivets to close the holes. You have more control and it will be a much smaller area of mismatched park. If you weld it will be three large amebas that will drive you nuts. You can make a nice set up with Lou's Econo jacket and an a4 side plate. I would not use an a4 plate on one of Lou's premium jackets. It would be like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
If you are going that route i would suggest using flush filed rivets to close the holes. You have more control and it will be a much smaller area of mismatched park. If you weld it will be three large amebas that will drive you nuts. You can make a nice set up with Lou's Econo jacket and an a4 side plate. I would not use an a4 plate on one of Lou's premium jackets. It would be like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa.
I would second that. Have had good luck with filling the holes with a rivet, and do not suggest welding. I recently filled the extra Izzy hole on an LSP, the one near the trunnion, with just a piece of cold rolled rod from a hardware store. It was virtually impossible to see after parkerizing. Careful blending in with the surface of the side plate is essential here. Also, gearlogo is right that the premium ohioblacksheep jackets are worthy of a new LSP. At that point, it is not that much money to add the cost of a new plate, especially if you sell of an Izzy plate you might have otherwise used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts