1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Century may have won the final, but it wasn't who was the winner of the initial bids. Can't remember their name, will have to pull the emails. We were outbid by $25k or so on the initial and declined to increase our bid because we were at the max. Just over $500k was the winning bid before the 20 day period to up bids.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Century may have won the final, but it wasn't who was the winner of the initial bids. Can't remember their name, will have to pull the emails. We were outbid by $25k or so on the initial and declined to increase our bid because we were at the max. Just over $500k was the winning bid before the 20 day period to up bids.
Forgett Trading Company was the "Stalking Horse" bidder.
They will gain $10K for being outbid!

There is a thread on GunBoards that seems to indicate who won the auction and how much was spent:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?470465-Samco-Global-went-under-and-is-being-auctioned-off-next-week/page2

I suspect this would have been interesting to be in that courtroom to witness the sale!

Richard

·
Registered
604 Posts
That links seems to be speculation. They also talk about over $1m sale price that I just can't see. I personally inspected the warehouse, it was a reach at $500

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Come on Richard, this would have been a perfect fit for Apex!
No, it's going to take some "horsepower" to deal with that amount of assorted material.
I would not want to tie up that much money and effort on just that one deal.
If you look at the pictures posted on FaceBook of the inside my warehouse you would understand that we already have our work cut out for us!

Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts