1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a 1917A1 Tripod and cradle work with the Water Cooled 1928 Colt Browning (The OOW Argentine Semi Auto)?

Likewise, what are the differences between the 1917 Browning MG and the 1928 Colt Browning MG? Are they similar or drastically different? I hear of some differences in the way the side plates join up, but want to know if overall the guns are relatively identical?

Thanks to all,

Chester

·
Registered
169 Posts
Chester

A OOW semi 1928 will drop right on a 1917A1 mount. I have gone down the rabbit hole a couple of times on the differences between the 1917/1917A1/Colt 1928. Try searching the forum to bring one of these threads up.

Jim

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim

I will seek out those threads. If I get a 1928 likely in Parkerized, since I can't afford the blue (I can but I don't want too). Figure I can polish off the park and blue myself like the fellow on the Liberator site. Maybe best for all parties for OOW to sell me the complete gun unfinished. Might even get an original blue water jacket.

Chester.:)

·
Registered
470 Posts

If you want a blued 28 then get oow un assembled semi kit. these are in pretty good condition. taking park off is a chore, why bother with the additional step.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OOW Semi 1928 Kit

Interesting observation, but I noticed the price for the kit, less accessories, tripod and belts, loader, was more expensive than a complete (with accessories) parked gun. Or was that one of OOW's so called pricing errors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts