1919 A4 Forums banner

Will Iowa gun laws allow for semi auto .50s???

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MG08 
#1 ·
Was wanting to know what the laws are in Iowa for owning a semi auto browning .50 cal. Is it even possible in this state??? Also if anyone can steer me in the right direction of a website showing what the gun laws in IA I would appreciate it. Thanks.

#2 ·
Iowa's gun laws are fairly lax and getting better. You are good to go owning a Semi Auto .50. No full autos, sbr's or suppressors at the moment but rumor has it that could be changing. As for where to find the actual laws, I would just give google a shot. Also, iowasportsman.com is a great forum to check out.

#3 ·
As our esteemed colleague above stated, the only special snowflake laws in Iowa pertain to NFA items, if it's not NFA then the federal laws hold sway. Although some progress has been made with suppressors in recent years, I doubt that legislation will come to pass in the near future.

I can urinate and hit IA, NE, and SD from my house so the suppressor bill would really be handy for me as the closest ranges are in IA.

#5 ·
I hope so, We did a demonstration and training for the Iowa State police SWAT a few years back on advanced weapons and tactical application. Included were M249 SAW, M82A1 Barrett and a few other items. Did an explosive breaching demo too. NFA items are the only real issue there Police Uniform Military uniform Official Law enforcement

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.