1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took me give or take 3 to 4 months to be approved to join the list, so long I had to use the password reset tonight to get logged on.
My reason for joining was to get some scarce parts that had been listed - but no chance of that now.

Don't get me wrong - I want to remain a member - can't ever learn enough about these precarious and finicky beasts.
One thing is for sure - they do not like blanks!!
I recon, I spend, 1000 times the amount of time tweaking them, than I do firing them, and just when you think you have it, they break down right in the middle of a battle or show - frustrating.
I wonder how we ever won the war using these, ……..of course, then they were all brand new, American Made, 30.06's, not the NATO surplus mismatched .308 stuff were trying to make work, today

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Because , During the war we were not using blanks...That might be your issue...Blanks can be all over the place in OAL and power.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, as I said, these weapons do not like blanks!!
But,.... Oh I have several blank spacers, depending on the length of the blank, and several adapter hole plugs, to accommodate the load differences
- as year by year by year, you never know what going to be prolific and cheap, on the market, for blanks by the case. last few years it's been the green plastic ones.
I like Swanson's best, but they are very expensive.
I have never found any type of round from Atlantic Wall, whatever caliber, to be 'Hot', as someone else mentioned.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Might want to look into an a6 profile barrel to reduce the weight the blank has to overcome ...You can start with the small plug and work your way up if needed...Have you ever fired the gun with live ammo ?….If you have,,,Did you have issues with it then ?

·
11,071 Posts
the new software definitely makes approving things easier. we get a ton of new member requests that are pure spam. so its pretty difficult to filter through

1 - 5 of 5 Posts