1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parts kit is complete except one item. I know it's a longshot but does anyone have a 1919a4 rear sight windage screw for sale? If not what can be used as a suitable substitute? Does anyone know the size ans threat pitch etc. I was thinking maybe a machineist could make one up but never tried that route.
Thank you for any help at all
RR

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the lead on the screw. I sent them an email tonight. I really appreciate the fast response. By the way, any of you had experience with the Israeli bipod? I understand it works with the a4 barrel jacket, is that correct? Does it work well?
RR

·
Premium Member
6,066 Posts
Thanks for the lead on the screw. I sent them an email tonight. I really appreciate the fast response. By the way, any of you had experience with the Israeli bipod? I understand it works with the a4 barrel jacket, is that correct? Does it work well?
RR
Rob I may have a spare screw and knob but am out of town for the week and if Tom T. doesn't have any in stock check with Lucky13 here if you need it fast. The Izzie bipod was a better design than the USGI IMHO and yes it just slips over the barrel jacket and goes on and off quite easily unlike the USGI one. It works quite well and has a little traverse to it which the USGI model did not so as far as being user friendly it is superior but if you are going for a correct build then go for the USGI. Russ

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
RR
As stated above, the Israeli bipod works great on a "shooter". Easy to install and operate. It's also adjustable as far as where you want it on the shroud. The detent holds it in place by sitting in one of the shroud holes.

Parts 020.jpg Z 1919 002.jpg Z 1919 008.jpg Z 1919 014.jpg

Matt

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also need a windage screw to complete my 1919a4. It is finished except for the rear sight and I have been shooting by adjusting from the bullet impact. Any information or assistance would be really appreciated. Harry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts