1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rules for the Non-Military

1. The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem - kick their ass.

2.. When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their ass.

3.. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second.Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

4. If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were, wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'.Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5. Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their ass.

7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me - stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!

10. 'Flyboy' (*Air Force*), 'Jarhead' (*Marines*), 'Grunt' (*Army*), 'Squid' (*Navy*), 'Puddle Jumpers'(*Coast Guard*), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked.

11. It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It's the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

12. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our Country would get it's ass kicked.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
+1 on that especially #12

·
BeltFed GURU
4,433 Posts
1+ on all of it Memorial day is for all Vets , it is a somber day to remember those who gave their lives for this country, their fellow service members , and the idea`s this country was founded on !

Every Year i post a link to" Angel Flight tower remix " but Sony has removed it from Youtube sadly :mad::mad::mad:

For me it is a day of tears .
Not just for family but also my brothers in arms who took that flight home .

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Memorial Day is for me to. These days all the activities have me remembering people I served with, some still with us and some gone, brings back a lot memories that just leave me in a sad mood all day.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
If you can read this, thank a teacher.

If you can read this in English, thank a veteran.

Carry On!
115th MASH
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
1+ on all of it Memorial day is for all Vets , it is a somber day to remember those who gave their lives for this country, their fellow service members , and the idea`s this country was founded on !

Every Year i post a link to" Angel Flight tower remix " but Sony has removed it from Youtube sadly :mad::mad::mad:

Not just for family but also my brothers in arms who took that flight home .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpYVfHTajOg

Being a retired CH47 pilot this one hits home, a lost CH47 crew - call sign: Red River 44.

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
+1 on #12 I know how most of us here feel about not only our military but our country. Enjoy the holiday, stay safe in your travels and thank a vet.
Here is a link to Parade #1 we did yesterday we are at the 60 second mark and I hooked the gas gun up to map gas this year instead of propane and holy shizit was it loud! the video does not do it justice but if you look at the crowd covering their ears and listen to the comments you will get the idea. Ralph (the guy I drive) had a blast and at the end of the day that is all that matters to me. He was a 30 gunner in Korea and is a local hero whom fought to keep our VA hospital open and deserves more than I can give him. God bless and stay safe, Russ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPkEirPtWqs

·
Registered
382 Posts
In my hallway wall is covered with photos going back to the 1861 war of family member in the military. They became mine whem my Fater passed. Some day my photo will be add after I pass. God rest them all and I thank God for their service to our Country.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
...not ashamed at all....

Kirby and others are not the only ones who feel the pain of lost brothers. Many vets cannot attend a military funeral without loosing it when taps is played. For me....its when 'Amazing Grace' is played by a piper...loose it every time. I am not ashamed to cry for a lost veteran. Just remember to look around and see who salutes the flag during any flag ceremony,parade,pledge of alligience,etc......because that person is a veteran and has learned about the 2008 law signed by Bush that allows any vet to render a salute for any flag ceremony. Civilians place their hat/hand over their heart ...veterans salute with honor and pride in their service to our Country. And yes...I flew a few times..... USAF (ret) 1965-1995. Hope Everyone has a safe and somber Memorial Day.....

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
From one who has not served, my gratitude to all here who have, many of whom I count as good friends. And most especially, God bless the families and memories of those who sacrificed their all, and have moved on to the next call of duty.

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Kirby and others are not the only ones who feel the pain of lost brothers. Many vets cannot attend a military funeral without loosing it when taps is played. For me....its when 'Amazing Grace' is played by a piper...loose it every time. I am not ashamed to cry for a lost veteran. Just remember to look around and see who salutes the flag during any flag ceremony,parade,pledge of alligience,etc......because that person is a veteran and has learned about the 2008 law signed by Bush that allows any vet to render a salute for any flag ceremony. Civilians place their hat/hand over their heart ...veterans salute with honor and pride in their service to our Country. And yes...I flew a few times..... USAF (ret) 1965-1995. Hope Everyone has a safe and somber Memorial Day.....
Ya know Len I may have not been military but I have served my country in ways that you will never know. I am not talking away anything from our vets and I feel very strongly for all 5 branches of our military and have done so all of my life since most of my family was military dating back to the civil war but keep in kind not all civilians are created equal. I did some things when I was younger and trusting and had my government screw me and I get no benefits or recognition nor will I ever enjoy the honor of the uniform but trust me when I tell you I have sacrificed for my country and do more now to fight for veterans rights and benefits so my brothers don't get screwed like I did. The guys in my jeep are all the heads of operation fire for effect and I am proud to be a part of it and we take on more than a few politicians every year so while I was never enlisted military make no mistakes on where I stand for both God and country and my brothers in arms. I for one love our military the government on the other hand is yet to be determined :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
For me it is the Battle Hymn of the Republic. We sang it in church today and when the line about ". . .as He died to make men holy let us die to make men free. . ." came around I started seeing faces long gone and wept like a baby. At least I knew it was coming and had the good sense to be on the back row.

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
Well it was a great weekend here and we did well in the parades and were able to meet with a congressman and senator, got great coverage and rattled a lot of cages lol. You guys would be proud I even got a very slams in about Cuomo and let them know how we feel about him. More importantly the press coverage for operation fire for effect is growing stronger everyday. The news stories killed the sound on the live fire Browning but you can here it in the back ground and the crowd went nuts every time we lit her up. Here is a couple links to two of the parades, we are at the 60 second mark in the first video which was Saturdays parade in Waterloo, NY the birthplace of Memorial Day. God Bless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPkEirPtWqs
http://www.whec.com/news/memorial-day-waterloo-150-years/4154495/?cat=565

·
Registered
966 Posts
Way to go! Thanks for the video links. I like the voice of re-assurance that the noise they were hearing wasn't real gunfire. Looks like a fine day and a strong turn-out. My cousin presided over the event held at the VA Medical Center in Bath, NY. The local 5th graders put flags on the headstones of the fallen service men and women.

15,000 give or take.

They had a tasteful video of the cemetery on their facebook page. It really hits home when you visit places like that.

He said they had a good turn out as well.

B-D

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Got to watch a four-ship of F-22s fly the missing man formation over the Arizona Memorial Monday. That's another one off the bucket list. Then me and two other vets strapped on a half-million pounds of bodies, bags, cargo, fuel and exotic aviation alloys, and flew home.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts