1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 2 cases from midway and also received email from wideners that it is available.Just in case anyone is interested.:)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Locally (Colorado) the gun show price on a case of 7.62X39 is $180. Vendors that have it have SOME, but not a lot.
I expect the price to drop significantly when fuel gets back under $2 a gallon and all the terrorist are dead or locked up.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Wolf ammo

Price check isle 3
In Calif. of all places it's down to $149. per 1,000
So its moving but I doubt it will make it back to the $89.00 days of old

Wolf 7.62x39
And Wolf .223
GW

·
Registered
233 Posts
i was buying it for 70 a case at my local gunshop in tn. that was last year. i havent priced any this year.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I miss the $39/500 cases that I used to get! Oh well... Looks like the SAR-1 is on a diet!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I can see the price on a case of ammo being $20-$25 dollars cheaper on the either coast simply due to the shipping.
We have a big box store here (Sportsmens Warehouse) that has 7.62X39 on constant back order. Whenever any cases of WOLF are delivered they get sold out the same day. They do pretty brisk sales of US made (Winchester) 7.62X39 at around $8-$9 a box of 20. I don't know the price on the WOLF ammo as I am never lucky enough to be there when any is available!

Seems to me if folks are paying the current price then the manufacturers/importers/retailers don't have any reason to sell it for less. Keep in mind that this is ALL new made ammo now, the surplus is gone. The Russians watch pricing here and you can bet they no longer want to sell there ammo "short".

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I priced the ammo at 5 different places and factored in shipping and I ordered 2000 rounds from Widener...shipping was only about $25 or so for 2k and it was $149/1000. It hurt, but I went ahead and bought some now because as soon as I buy something at a high price the price comes down so you guys will benefit if you just hang on :).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts