1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen, at last we are closing in on a new run of the WWI receivers for the 1917 Water Cooled and 1919A2 Cavalry Gun builds, which will feature our hand finished, rust bluing. I have orders for about half the receivers being produced, and some of you here are already in, of course. But we will have a few more receivers that are not committed as of yet. The current orders will get priority for finishing up the complete builds, but I expect to have delivery on those caught up in the first quarter of the new year, and be able to finish more at that time. All remaining receivers, without pre order reservation, will be built into finished guns and sold at full retail price. For a 1917, that will be $7500, and for a 19192 that will be $5000. Note: That price on the 1919A2 should have been higher, but I will stick with my typo for the forum members until the receivers are all done in December. See next paragraph.

If you wish to get in ahead of time, I am willing to take deposits between Nov and the end of the year for a $500 discount on the 1917 and $250 off on the 1919A2. I may have another extra or two thrown in too, on pre orders with deposits. We will need a $3500 deposit on the 1917, and a $2000 deposit on the A2. I know it's closing in on Christmas, but what better time to reserve a nice new present for yourself? :D That means the total will be $7000 for a 1917, or $4750 for a 1919A2 for forum members who put their deposit in by about mid December, and we can negotiate a little leeway if needed.

For those of you with your deposits in currently, a detailed update will be sent out soon. As you all know, this has been a long time in coming and the multiple set backs we have endured are coming to an end.

Also, for those purchasing a 1917 Water Cooled, we will have a tripod option available, and we are working on a different package for the A2s. These will be, obviously, at extra cost. Meanwhile, here are a couple of pics of what the guns will look like. Existing customers from our original run will attest to the quality of these firearms. You will see their like nowhere else. :cool:

Note the 1917 here has the customer supplied WWI rear sight, a rare piece. We do not have these, but will include original, 1920s vintage rear sights, as first modified from meters to yards. Or, our beautiful new-made repro sights are available.

And the 1919A2 Cavalry Gun.

The reinforcing stirrup can be added at extra cost, for any who want that look. The guns are plenty strong without that, but it is correct for post war guns in service. It was not ready when we did the first Cav guns, and the original Tank guns were made without it at first, so that can still be considered correct. The option is available, if desired.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Rollin,
Come on... Leaving us hanging on details is cruel. :jedicrying:

I am interested in knowing more about a tripod for my 1917 WC. I am finally going to join the WC crowd. :redspot:

"Dreaming of the day on the range with my new Rogue Island hat and my Watercooled"

Steamer

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steamer, your hats are on their way. As to making you wait for the update details, just another day or so. I have it pretty well typed up, just need to go over everything with a slightly fresher brain in the morning. Not many sparks left in the old gray matter tonight.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
"All remaining receivers, without pre order reservation, will be built into finished guns and sold at full retail price. For a 1917, that will be $7500, and for a 1919A2 that will be $5000."

Beautiful guns!!! What is the pre order price?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"All remaining receivers, without pre order reservation, will be built into finished guns and sold at full retail price. For a 1917, that will be $7500, and for a 1919A2 that will be $5000."

Beautiful guns!!! What is the pre order price?
Hey Alex. I actually realized I misquoted the Cav gun based on what I had said in some private conversations, but that will stick for forum members. $5k should have been the discounted price with deposit. (Sigh) Pre orders with said deposit, then, will be $7000 for a water cooled, and $4750 for an A2. Bear in mind I have about 15 orders in, going back to about 2013, maybe a couple earlier than that. So those have to get finished first, but the key is we get the basic box assembly all done for 30 receivers in December, and that will be the cut off for the discounts. After that, I need to be keeping some of these to build for full retail pricing. Eventually, I want to pay off the R&D and tooling investment on these, lol. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Thanks Rollin. Well worth every penny as the work you have put into the box alone is expensive enough! I still have your sight and need to send you the 28 Argentine for bluing.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Rollin. Well worth every penny as the work you have put into the box alone is expensive enough! I still have your sight and need to send you the 28 Argentine for bluing.
Alex, I am glad you still have that. After all the time I have let slip by, I am grateful our arrangement is still on. My thoughts are that in the last part of December, or just after the new year if the time frame works for you, I can get your 1928 prepped and blued. Let me know. Just need to make sure I am in town when it ships, as the SAR show and this receiver assembly process will have me out of town in the first part of December.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Alex, I am glad you still have that. After all the time I have let slip by, I am grateful our arrangement is still on. My thoughts are that in the last part of December, or just after the new year if the time frame works for you, I can get your 1928 prepped and blued. Let me know. Just need to make sure I am in town when it ships, as the SAR show and this receiver assembly process will have me out of town in the first part of December.
Works for me. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Works for me. :thumbup:
At least you know Rollin is not one to slip away into hiding!!!
It isn't hard to find a hitch hiking hippie carrying belt-feds around. :rofl:
They look great Rollin, hope I can complete the ferret and get on the list for a blued cavalry gun before the first of the year. If I have any money left that is. :eek:
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least you know Rollin is not one to slip away into hiding!!!
It isn't hard to find a hitch hiking hippie carrying belt-feds around. :rofl:
They look great Rollin, hope I can complete the ferret and get on the list for a blued cavalry gun before the first of the year. If I have any money left that is. :eek:
CaptMax
I may be slow, but I never hide, lol. You always know how to reach me when I am behind schedule. I've gotten very good at straight talk apologies and not making excuses!

Though CaptMax, I do hope to not have to avail myself of traveling with my thumb out in the future. Not sure if the long hair hippie look is going to go over at my next stop, in TX. Might have to clean up again. :jedicrying:

So get to work on that Ferret, and I'll go dig through the boxes at storage for that badge I've promised you. I've satisfied myself that it is not at the house, and there are other things not found that should all be together with it. I think that's a good sign! You need to have it by the time the Ferret is ready.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a bump for those who are interested in getting a deposit in for the forum member discount. I am hitting the road for SAR on Monday the 30th, so deposits should be in by then, or contact me to make arrangements by other means than U.S. Mail. The week after SAR, I am scheduled for the assembly stages, so there is a definite cut off at that point. Time is going to be running short on this offer pretty quick.

·
Registered
297 Posts
1919a2

Hey Lucky,

All I can say is "BOY-O-BOY"

Thanks for all your hard work you put into this. We are all better off with your knowledge!

Craig

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, Craig, you are one who has been waiting long enough on these, so I am glad your are still excited! Believe me, I will be too when I have the 30 boxes all done but for trunnion/water jacket installation! :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Stop torturing me... AaaaaH! :jedicrying:

I'm still pissed off at myself for selling my Madsens!
Oh just admit it you NEED one of these :tongue: it would make a great Christmas present to yourself! I can't wait to see them Rollin has really gone above and beyond with his work on these and they are a work of art. I am starting with a Cavalry gun and will probably never even shoot it after getting it but I will drool a lot and just stare at it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Oh just admit it you NEED one of these :tongue: it would make a great Christmas present to yourself! I can't wait to see them Rollin has really gone above and beyond with his work on these and they are a work of art. I am starting with a Cavalry gun and will probably never even shoot it after getting it but I will drool a lot and just stare at it.
They're both beautiful guns but that 1919A2... Wow!!!!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An update for anyone considering getting in while I can still offer the discounts. While it did prove impossible to get all the assembly steps lined up, consecutively, right after the SAR show, we will be ready to complete those operations soon. The Christmas season is going to get in the way in the short term, but the goal is between Christmas and New Years if the shops are available, or as soon after New Years Day as we can manage. So there is still a window of time, but it's going to close pretty quickly after Christmas. There will still be guns available after that, but the discount will no longer apply at that point. So I would urge those of you who had contacted me about this to let me know where you are at, and I will be flexible with the amount of the initial deposit if you can get a good faith amount in relatively soon.

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
The only thing better than your Cav. gun would be owning two of them :tongue: I wonder if the wife would find out? I do have two daughters and would hate to see them fight over one sooo...

·
11,839 Posts
Toolman, interested in a very late term adoption? I'm only 37 and don't ask for much. If love one of those cav guns though

1 - 20 of 35 Posts