1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last year or so my 1919 has been falling apart litterally. The left and rt side plate was comin apart from the top plate and gaps all over. You could take one hand and squeeze and watch the gaps close. Took the gun to BAinMO, a freind of mine and we put some new rivets in and closed them all up. Its like a new gun, no slop and no more broken parts from the gun bein loose. I was just tearin it apart and realized that its alot tighter then it used to be, my daughter cleaned it last so this is the first time i really got to tear it apart and play with it.

Everyone told me that runnin it with 11" barrels would allow the gun to beat itself to death but i did it anyway. Runs better (imagine that), looks better and no more broken trigger pins. I still need to get down to TN and have John Mqguire rebuild the whole thing as i have a very worn trunion and i just noticed i developed a crack in it also. For right now i can go out and burn ammo as needed though. Them shortys are great but they do beat up the gun. Its like havin a new toy, Thanks BA.

·
"man of the cloth" Loader
864 Posts
Gapless

Double8,
It was a pleasure working on the old girl. It's hard to believe how soft those original rivets were! There is nothing like a little drill rod stitches to tighten up an old work lady of the trenches.:rolleyes:
See ya soon to make some hot water; once the heat wave breaks!
BA

·
Registered
45 Posts
With the 11" barrel what size booster hole are you using ? I have seen posts listing the size for shorty booster sizes in the 1" and over range. And have heard that at that length to use an Izzy booster without the front cap. That the recoil on the barrel alone would be enough to cycle the action.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Hey Double8, Anytime your up to setting more rivets, let me know. I think I still have about 2000 rounds linked up...

My opinion? Put a USGI bbl on it, trade it for TWO non-C & R NFA 1919's. Beat one to death with a shorty, and have one for the kids... Oh wait... Your ALL kids!:D:eek::D

Glad to hear the beast is back together and running! I talked to BA briefly the other night about doing a little rivet pounding and parking sometime in the near future... Ain't it nice to have friends that know their $#!T?!?!?!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
IMHO you will "tear" the 1919 apart. It was

designed to run with the full size barrel, and run for a long time.

Again, IMHO flash and noise is more important to you!

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,167 Posts
Well, I can't speak to having one as short as 11" let alone an FA, but I have to say the 16.5" semi I have is so much fun I am finishing up a second one. They'll look good side by side on a dually mount!

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BA, right now all we would have to do to make steam with the 1917 of yours is just put water in it and let it set for a hr in the sun...PRESTO, Steam!

Dave, i luv my baby and she aint goin no where. I have a MG for each one of the girls plus im lookin to get my next toy here before toooo much longer, HK sear pack so i can play with a MP5K-PDW, that and a 51. BA ruined me with his! YES, bring that belt of 2,000 out, you do that type of thing to her EVERYTIME you come out anyway, gets her steamin like a watercooled when its done, i like it!

1919a6 it runs better with a 11" brl, so mind your own buisness, lick your wound, tuck your tail and run. I KNOW WHO YOU IS BE!!!!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey Wayne......if you're gonna run that friggin shorty barrel in Oklahome next year, we're stickin you all the way down at the end...right near the spider nest!:eek: HAHAHAHAHA:D :D :D
Steve S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts