1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i recently picked up a kit and was looking to buy a complete tripod inclueding cradle. I might have a lead on just the tripod but that means i have to find a cradle then. Any thoughts? Ill be at the creek come Oct. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still looking

So the cradle fell through so I'm now looking for a complete tripod. Either 1917a1 or colt m35. Does anybody know who might have one? If I can't find any before the Creek in October I'll be looking there as well. Any help at all would be just great as I haven't had much luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
So the cradle fell through so I'm now looking for a complete tripod. Either 1917a1 or colt m35. Does anybody know who might have one? If I can't find any before the Creek in October I'll be looking there as well. Any help at all would be just great as I haven't had much luck
I have an extra cradle what is one worth?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
extra cradle

I have an extra cradle what is one worth?
I'm not entirely sure to tell you the truth. I see complete tripods when there found go for $1000-1500 depending on shape and conditon. I'd be interested if the price is resonable. You can email me at brandonahartz AT Gmail Dot com. I can't send pm' 's yet.

118 Posts
GSG MADE me buy one from a scratch and dent sale at OOW a couple years ago. Practically came over and hit me over the head because he knows I am cheap and avoid old stuff. Craddle and everything, $550 I think. The thing doesn't have a scratch on it and it's got brass everywhere. Controls are fine and solid, with a confident feel, I know why he made me get it.

·
Premium Member
6,052 Posts
GSG is a member here, OOW has been out of These for a while. They did have 6 at the spring creek that were rough and missing parts but they sold in seconds at 700.00 each. They do come up but you want to grab one fast when you see it as they don't last long these days and the prices are going to go up more now that no vendors have them and I doubt there are any big stashes left that we don't know of. Russ

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
That particular scratch and dent sale was unbeatable considering a complete USGI M2 tripod with T&E and pintle were running not far below. And no I sold my second 17a1Tripod to another member here so have the classic problem of more BMGs than tripods to mount them on.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Holy cow! $2500!

http://www.bmgparts.com/1917.html

This is so sad. It's like surplus going away, MG prices, etc. And now our govt. won't even hardly sell us any military equipment.

Vote me for president and I will have Apple making 1917A1 tripods!

Remember that OOW was blowing these out at KCR. Even then everybody that bought one (or twenty) KNEW they were a steal. Look at the prices of MG stuff- BREN kits, MG34 kits, etc all up 300% plus in five years. No reason the 1917a1 tripods shouldn't do the same.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Originally Posted by GSG's_RedHeaded_StepChild
Vote me for president and I will have Apple making 1917A1 tripods!
Yea in CHINA!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts