1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm a newb.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like there should be a flat spring that goes into the pistol grip to hold the T&E Mech in place while traveling with the gun. I can't find it in any manual. If there is supposed to be one, I'd appreciate buying one from someone here or at least a point to someone who might have one.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yes there is, its held in with a small screw in the center. Shaped like a horseshoe. Someone will advise where to get one. J

·
Registered
3,142 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The spring in the bottom of the grip? I think PantManMatt sells them as well, but fair warning, the spring holds the T&E TIGHT. Like "Cuss cuss tug-pry-wrestle-rubber mallet-" tight.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
The screw is 8-36X1/2. The "spring" is a clip to hold the shaft of the T&E when the gun is dismounted from the tripod so it doesn't flop around while being carried.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many Thanks!!

Many thanks to the quick responses from all of you!

Never thought to call it a "stock" spring - no wonder I couldn't find it in searches.

Will follow up on the sources listed.

·
Registered
182 Posts

This really looks clumsy; the site where I saw the photo suggests that the clip was for use with a different mount.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
I have some if you need one just shoot me a PM. Russ

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

This really looks clumsy; the site where I saw the photo suggests that the clip was for use with a different mount.
It clips to the threaded portion? No wonder why I could never get mine to clip!!! I kept trying to clip it to the smooth portion at the bottom. :eek: (embarrassed)

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I have plenty of the screw and washers, if needed. They are a rare thread pitch, hard to find.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Many thanks to the quick responses from all of you!

Never thought to call it a "stock" spring - no wonder I couldn't find it in searches.

Will follow up on the sources listed.
I think the people who wrote the manual had no idea what it was for. I didn't either until someone on this site explained it and I actually used the M1919A6 in the service. None of the manual ever explained what it was for either and I seem to have half a dozen different manuals on the .30 cal Browning..

·
Registered
363 Posts
Gents- if I were to use this clip on my T&E, I'd thread the T&E ALL the way out...then have to undo the little detent spring on the bottom part of the T&E to get a few more turns for it to be long enough to fit in the grip groove. Is that normal or should it go in with the T&E fully extended, not messing with the detent/stop spring?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts