1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to buy a couple/few .30-06 M1919A4 barrels. Looking for VG to EXCELLENT condition.

Please send me a Personal Message if you have something to sell, instead of posting in this WTB ad.

Thanks for looking. Mr.Maim :cool:

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any 30-06 barrels they'd like to get rid of?

Figured most people moved on to 308/7.62 by now.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I have 100 blanks in house for some new 30-06 barrels to be finished yet. I plan to offer A4, A6, 1917 and Tank/Cavalry spec barrels, once I can dedicate funds to the remaining machine work. Good condition -06 barrels are getting harder to find. My new barrels will feature black nitride finish, inside and out.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have 100 blanks in house for some new 30-06 barrels to be finished yet. I plan to offer A4, A6, 1917 and Tank/Cavalry spec barrels, once I can dedicate funds to the remaining machine work. Good condition -06 barrels are getting harder to find. My new barrels will feature black nitride finish, inside and out.
I'll be in for 2 in A6 profile when you get them to market. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noted. Thanks I'll be looking forward to buying a few.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'd be in for 1 or 2 too!

Rob

·
Registered
4,459 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not cost effective in any event considering there are several vendors that are still selling barrels, albeit overpriced.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
what is the going rate for 06 bbl's...?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
what is the going rate for 06 bbl's...?
Ugly ones are at $50 from OOW at the Creek. WWII steel in excellent condition are probably $100-$150 if you find them. New condition is very hard to find now, but probably at least $150. Now on Stellite, you are probably going start at closer to $200 and well above that if new. That's what I am seeing.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
$75 - $199 depending on where you buy them. You want chrome lined? +$100

Seems some vendors think they're worth their weight in gold, while others understand that 30-06 has a decreasing market so they are pricing barrels accordingly.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ugly ones are at $50 from OOW at the Creek. WWII steel in excellent condition are probably $100-$150 if you find them. New condition is very hard to find now, but probably at least $150. Now on Stellite, you are probably going start at closer to $200 and well above that if new. That's what I am seeing.
Lucky nailed it. Best to buy face-to-face. I'll wait until either Lucky gets his blanks punched out or buy another dozen at the SAR show in the fall.

EDIT - I just ordered six so I'm good for the 1919.

...now I need some 1917 barrels in -06... :jedicrying:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Please let me know when you are ready to go, I would LOVE a NICE A6 barrel! (only need 1)
Thanks
:D

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I hope to get back on the barrel project soon. Need to continue moving on the WWI receiver run, which will need these barrels, so the two are tied together. Should have plenty available for general sale.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Not according to this. http://www.accurateshooter.com/technical-articles/cartridgediagrams/. I believe you could take a NATO chambered A4 barrel and rechamber it to .06 if you have a reamer that will cut through the chrome and the hard barrel. They are available as the chambering of Nato barrels to 54R will attest to.
If you read the measurement where the case starts to neck down -308=.4539 30:06=.4409. Just because it can be done dose not make it right. It can be done it will cause hard case extraction witch in a semi-auto = unreliable function.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
If you read the measurement where the case starts to neck down -308=.4539 30:06=.4409. Just because it can be done dose not make it right. It can be done it will cause hard case extraction witch in a semi-auto = unreliable function.
You need to measure the diameter of both cases at the same data line. Both cases start tapering at the same "start line". The measurements given at the bottom of the shoulder 2.1087 vs 1.5598 are at a difference in length of 12mm (.5489 inch).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts