1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched several headspacing videos and would like to also try the inert cartridge method of adjusting headspace and would also like to try loading links and cycling with non-live rounds...Sincerely FNG

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Do you reload (or know someone who does)? You can always make your own. Just leave out the primer and powder. It will end up being cheaper that way too.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
I have watched several headspacing videos and would like to also try the inert cartridge method of adjusting headspace and would also like to try loading links and cycling with non-live rounds...Sincerely FNG
If you are going to do that then use the rounds you will be shooting to make a few dummies as that will be the most accurate solution for you. Remember ammo varies slightly that is why most guys check head space every time they switch ammo. If you don't reload find someone who can help you locally I am sure they would do a couples rounds for you. good luck

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
if you use GI dummy rounds that may work. Be careful of other rounds. I once purchased a whole belt of dummy rounds from Cheaper than Dirt. They came in a link belt and looked good. When cycled into the breech they instantly jammed the gun and I had to kick the bolt handle to get the round out. It seems they never did a full length resize on the cases before they assembled them . I believe I also tried them in an 03 Springfield with similar results.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Send me a handful of bullets and I'll make 'em up. I only have three bullets available, and am saving up for the creek :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to say thanks for all of the input and offers... got er spaced and workin!! much appreciated

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
I buy mine on eBay or gunbroker. Just check OAL w the live rds to match before he'd spacing or function testing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have made dummy 8mm rounds with once fired berdan primed brass. After resizing the brass and giving it a proper crimp I have had no issues with them in bolt guns. Havent tried them in my 34 though. If you are able to find a friend that reloads, it would be very easy to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts