1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to purchase 5 or 6 100% plates for building some semi's. Let me know what u have and how much u want.

thanks,
alan

·
Registered
283 Posts
Are you sure you want 100% plates?

I can help you if that is really what you want. However, I strongly suggest you consider 80% plates and finish on your parts kit. Plates completed to 100% would be true to blueprint and easily apply to all new parts. I would be guessing but I bet you plan on building on surplus USGI or Israeli parts kits.

While the probability is high that a new plate built to blueprint will work fine, it would be a real bear to correct the top and bottom plates rivet holes if your older, used and demilled kit were out of spec.

With the plates I offer at 80%, all you have to do is drill out the round holes. All the remaining mill work is completed. The drilling and chamfer might take about 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on your skill level. The fit would be true to your kits and the result would be guaranteed pleasing.

A plate that comes with all the holes drilled and chamfered will cost you significantly more.

I, as the builder, would charge you my shop rate $100.00 per hour to complete the plate (Read that as about $65 since I am already fixtured to do the work). FET (Federal Excise Tax) doesn't apply because you only want the receiver plate. an FFL dealer would be needed to accept the plates on delivery and then to transfer them to you. If you are an FFL holder that is a mute point. If you are not an FFL holder this fee may range from nothing to as much as $50.00 per plate brought in. Be sure to ask your dealer about the fees and have the deal written down prior to having the plates shipped. I won't say more than cover your a$$ with a contract to have the FFL holder receive the plates on your behalf.

I am happy to sell you whatever product you want (legally). Let me know if I can help.

80% Blank plates are $105
80% Engraved plates are $135

100% blank plate $170 ... no returns unless mfg defect
100% engraved plate $200 ... no returns unless mfg defect

Prices quoted are shipped

add $3.00 per plate ordered for insurance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am an FFL holder and I would like to get the 80% plates sold to me on my books. That way I can finish the build and it will have a manufacturers serial number. Is this possible?

alan

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would think that 100% plates would be considered " The Frame /Receiver" and require BC to engrave HIS info on the plate, which now makes HIM the manufacturer, which would mean at least an 07 FFL for title 1 and an 07/SOT for Title II firearms.

ATF just pinched KT Ordinance for his 80% AR-15 receivers just a few days ago

http://www.jpfo.org/alert20060608.htm

Not Legal Advice by any means here, just a few thoughts

- Justin -

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justin Sane said:
I would think that 100% plates would be considered " The Frame /Receiver" and require BC to engrave HIS info on the plate, which now makes HIM the manufacturer, which would mean at least an 07 FFL for title 1 and an 07/SOT for Title II firearms.

- Justin -
Yes this is what I want. Plates with someone else as the manufacturer that I assemble. Just like buying a stripped AR reciever and building it yourself.

alan

·
Registered
93 Posts
bluker1 said:
I am an FFL holder and I would like to get the 80% plates sold to me on my books. That way I can finish the build and it will have a manufacturers serial number. Is this possible?
This must have been a typo then ( 80% ). No need for 80's to go on books, only 100% like you mention. Brass Cartridge will take care of things for you I'm sure of that. You will be quite pleased with Michael's craftsmanship.

- Justin -

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes I can still help you on the build.

Yes I am an 07 FFL and Class II SOT. (Also 01 FFL and Class III SOT because I just can't give the government enough money)

Contact me via e-mail [email protected] and we can work out the details.

No point in using more board space...

Michael

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Justin Sane said:

- Justin -
ATF just flexing their muscles, or someone there got a bug up their butt? and is trying to make it hard for homebuilders to make their own guns :mad:

·
Registered
283 Posts
RICKI

I do not keep 100% plates in stock. I don't have any photos of a plate completed ... sorry. There wouldn't be much more to see than the photo at the top of this thread. Round holes would be drilled and chamfered 60 degrees as necessary.

Alternatively I can register a plate to be completed by the home builder. It is essentially my 80% plate registered and engraved with my company information. You still drill and complete to match your kit. This would be the smartest way to go given the parts kits available are old, used and have been demilled ... my side plates would be completed to "New Parts" blue print spec. The two may not align like they would if the parts kit were all new parts.

Yes I can do custom serial numbers. Add $10 for the work changing my system.

Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts