1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTB 6.5 Creedmoor brass, got a rifle and need more brass, I also have 5.56 and .308 brass to trade also. Thanks, Jerod

·
BeltFed GURU
4,393 Posts
.308 brass can be reformed into 6.5 Creedmoor brass using just the 6.5 size die and neck annealing ,oh you will pooch some pieces but it will make .308/7.62 X 51 (the parent case to 6.5 Creedmoor) into 6.5 Creedmoor cases .....

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Check with Graf's - but Brass like ammo is in short supply and very expensive now. Graf's did have once fired and Peterson brand brass last spring. Any brass I am selling for the local gun club now goes for .40 /case or so- what I used to buy loaded ammo for. I have sold out pretty much all the brass we got from the club events this year .

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks you all, I will look into re forming some of my .308/7.62 brass. In the future if you come across any brass please let me know as I need about 100-200 pieces as it is for my bench rest rifle as its new and have no brass. Thanks Dennis also.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Might take a look at my post on reforming .243 brass to 6.5 Creedmoor. Yes....308 is a parent case,but youi will damage more of it than the .243 cases because ot the sharper shoulder slope on the .308. My method was a single sizing in the 6.5 die and cutting the neck which was extended about .125. Test fired successfully in a bolt action rifle. The extractor groove of the .243 cases might have to have the edge beveled for better purchase when chambering,as it tends to bind a bit,,,but still chambers OK. A cartridge head space gauge is critical for proper sizing prior to the final cut off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts