1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know were I can get 7.62 X 39 blanks. I bought a "nifty" golf ball launcher and now I can't seem to find any blanks .... :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can try Makarov.com. I know when I was there in the past getting parts they had some Barnaul blanks and I picked up a couple of boxes

·
Registered
864 Posts
Dan's is showing that he carries the 7.62x39mm blanks but they are "temporaily out of stock". Give him a call and see when he expects more in.

http://www.dansammo.com/ammo.asp

Also, Wolf shows they import it. I'd shoot them an email and ask if they know where you can buy some.

http://www.wolfammo.com/law.htm

After you have checked with your reseller and determined they do not carry WOLF Performance Ammunition please call us at (888) 757-WOLF(9653) or email us at [email protected]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update ....

Found on place .... $40 for 100 . Is that a little pricey or is it just me? I've tried to call Wolf several times, but have given up after 10 min of musak ....
Will try Gulf Coast next. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have a ammo can full,,,think its 10-15 in a plastic pack,,if you need some let me know,,prob .20 per round,,,hows that price??

·
Registered
886 Posts
OK,,Ive had 2 seconds to do my own stuff!! I have 50 rnd for you,,10 per blister pack marked "10 Stuck M43 Platz-P" $10 bucks plus 5 for ship(you get a free Romeo cig box). Its ready to go ground US mail. Kevin

·
Registered
595 Posts
.40 per rnd + ship is what Swanson is charging for most of his stuff now.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Joe Swanson is great,,you need to buy 100 at time or more,,,the blanks I have are german or slavic. All I use in reenactments are Swansons.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still looking ...

Seems almost as hard to get as the FMJ was several months ago ...:(

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks tommygunner ...

Kevin,
Thanks for the blanks .... Swanson appears to be the only one out there with them at this time.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Enjoy the blanks,,,I got them a year or so ago,,,I cant see why blanks are so hard to find,,I wish all the bad guys in Iraq had blanks:D !!!LOL. Swanson makes great blanks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
7.62X39 blanks

I have found some blanks and i have ordered them before to use in my golf ball launcher for my sks. Bloom Automatic sells the golf ball launchers in case anyone wants one.. Somewhere around 40.00 + shipping If anyone is looking for blanks that are handmade go to http://www.gunblanks.com/ammo.html..... Or if you would like to save a little money and do it yourself you can buy a die to load your on at http://www.ch4d.com/ it is a crimp die that will be the same as if you were to buy them enjoy just a little more work to load them yourself just incase you have some old 7.62X39 brass laying around....

·
Registered
886 Posts
Ok,,tell us where you can buy longer neck brass so it can be crimped,,,I would love to make my own blanks(.45,30-06,30 cal carbine,9mm and 308). Also his price(@45 or so) is for 50 rounds,,thats .90 or more each round. Il keep looking around,Swansons blanks are @ 40-50 for 100 rounds and are great. Thats half price

·
Registered
555 Posts
7.62X39 blank

http://bigskysurplus.com/ has 100 blanks for 49.00 i havent ordered anything from them so i dont know how there products are. as far as ordering longer case necks to make your on blanks im looking for that because it would reduce it alot far as price wise. i didnt know if anyone knows where to find them at so thats the reason why i posted the website to order the die hoping that someone knows the other half of the story so to speak to help everyone out. thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
how is the best way to ship blank ammo? i have some (somewhere) in the bubble pack. maybe 200 rounds, i just don't know how to ship it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
If anyone has a source for longer case brass post info,,,I would love to make blanks for 380,9mm,.45,30-06,308 and 30 carbine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately 7.62x39 blanks are hard to find right now. Hopefully there will be some in soon.

I have a 7.62x39 blank die on order from CH4D and hope to have some blank loads worked up soon.

For shipping, blanks are classified the same as live ammo. UPS will ship them with an "ORM-D CARTRIDGES SMALL ARMS" sticker on the box. Post office says they won't ship them.

The E. German M43 blanks (the ones in the plastic blister pack) work great, but they are corrosive, so make sure you clean it when you're done.

I have some of the 9mm and 45 blanks from Swanson. I'm pretty sure it's Starline brass. Try them for the extended cases for loading your own.

Vince
www.bloomautomatic.com

1 - 20 of 27 Posts